To explain how to resolve a problem that can occur when attempting to update an appliance that is no longer being managed remotely by a system that managed it in the past.
When attempting to update an appliance that was formerly managed by a remote system, you might receive an error message stating that you must update the managing system first.
The most likely cause is that remote management privilege has not been revoked for the former managing system.
Revoke management privilege for the former managing system and then perform the system update.
Follow these steps:
- In the appliance that you are attempting to upgrade, select the blue system icon in the Navigation pane.
- Select Settings > System, Updates, and Licensing > Grid Management.
- Click Revoke Remote Management in the bottom right of the screen.
- Enter the IP address of the former managing system.
- Click Confirm to revoke management privilege.
- Refresh the system by clicking the red and blue arrows below the Navigation pane.
- Perform the system update. For instructions on performing the update, see the Unitrends Upgrade Guide.