This document describes enhancements introduced in the 10.0.0-3 Windows agent release. For complete upgrade instructions and considerations, see the Upgrade Guide for Recovery Series and Unitrends Backup 10.0.
The 10.0.0-3 Windows agent introduces the following enhancements:
Hyper-V 2016This agent release supports host-level protection of VMs that reside on Windows Server 2016 and Hyper-V Server 2016 platforms.
Resolved IssuesThe following known issues were resolved in this agent release:
• Windows backup – In some cases, files that were deleted or renamed were included in subsequent incremental backups.
• Windows change journal expansion - The master.ini (general configuration) parameter “ChangeJournalSizeMB” is now properly handled by the agent. If the maximum change journal size is smaller than the master.ini parameter, it will be enlarged to match the master.ini parameter. The agent will not decrease the maximum change journal size. On an initial agent install (no agent has been installed before), the default value for “ChangeJournalSizeMB” is 1024, which represents 1 GB.
• Hyper-V VM recovery – Recovery of a VM to its original location would fail if the VM was created in the Windows default location (C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Hyper-V).
• Hyper-V backup of VM configuration version 6.2 or higher – Backups of these VMs fail if the Hyper-V server is running agent release 10.0 or higher and the appliance is running an older release (9.2 or lower). Upgrade the appliance to 10.0 to eliminate these failures.
• Hyper-V backup of AzMan – In previous agent versions, when AzMan was backed up, the agent would log an error message in the windows event log, even though it successfully backed up AzMan. In this release, AzMan is successfully backed up without logging an error message in the windows event log.