This guide is designed for users who want to enable BullPhish ID integration with IT Glue. This integration ensures simplified organization management. It improves user onboarding by importing SMB organizations from IT Glue into BullPhish ID. This article walks you through the step-by-step integration process.
- You must have access to both BullPhish ID and IT Glue accounts.
- Only partner admins can configure the integration.
1. Log into your IT Glue account. Fill in the credentials and click Log in.
Generating an API Key
All API endpoints require authentication using a private API key. You can generate one or more API keys for your account. To generate a new API key:
- Users with an administrator role can navigate to Account > Settings.
- Click on API Keys > Custom API Keys.
- Enter a name for the key and click Generate API Key. You will not be able to view a key again after it has been generated.
- For security, an optional Password Access setting is provided for each API key. Password values can only be accessed from the Passwords API if this setting is enabled.
- Click the plus "+" sign icon to generate multiple API keys.
Note: Click the "-" icon to stop the integration.
For more information, see how I use the Revoke button.
Once the API key is generated, you can see the message on the top-right corner of the screen. Copy the generated API key from the field.
Once you have copied the API key, follow the below steps on the BullPhish ID.
4. Log into the BullPhish ID account.
5. Navigate to your left side menu of the screen and click Integrations under Settings.
This page shows you the available integration services; select the IT Glue service to proceed further.
6. Click Connect to set up the integration with IT Glue.
This Connect button is available for you when you do not have an active integration. (Scroll down to see more details on the Integration page statuses and action buttons.)
7. To begin integration, enter the API key you copied from the IT Glue portal, select the region, and click Connect.
Region: Region is selected to identify the data center location from where data is being fetched. Available data centers are in the United States, Europe, and Australia.
Note: An error message appears on the screen if you enter an invalid API key.
If the API key is valid, you have successfully enabled integration; a pop-up message appears on the bottom left corner of the screen.
Now you can see integration in Sync status with a message saying Syncing in Progress. This might take a while. Refresh the page in a few minutes.
Once you refresh the page, you can see integration in Connected status, meaning the BullPhish ID account is successfully connected to IT Glue.
You can see the three options menu on your active integration page. It allows you to perform the following actions from the dropdown: View, Sync Settings and Disconnect.
View: It takes you to the IT Glue integration page.
- Sync Settings: Sync Settings are customized for each user. Clicking the sync settings will fetch all available statuses on IT Glue to BullPhish ID. (Scroll down to learn more about Sync Settings.)
Disconnect: It disconnects the active integration with IT Glue.
8. Click View from the active integration page.
If you are a new user of BullPhish ID and an existing user of IT Glue, you can import SMB organizations from IT Glue to BullPhish ID using Add from IT Glue button. Scroll down to the following section Import SMB organizations from IT Glue manually.
Import SMB organizations from IT Glue automatically.
Once synchronization is completed and enabled, you will see a list of SMB organizations linked with IT Glue on the integration page.
When organizations get in sync from IT Glue to BullPhish ID, the link will automatically establish between similar names of SMB organizations.
For example, if BullPhish ID has an SMB organization with the name Test SMB and IT Glue has an SMB organization with the name Test SMB the synchronization link automatically establishes, and organization names are fetched from IT Glue to the BullPhish ID account.
You can see, BullPhish ID SMB organizations from the first column synced with similar names of IT Glue organizations from the second column.
Note: One IT Glue organization can only be linked with one organization in BullPhish ID.
- Phishing/Training: You can provide access to Phishing Simulation and Training & Awareness modules using the toggle.
- Users Limit: You can set the number of users you would like your client to access their SMB portal.
- If your user limit is zero, you cannot allow any SMB user to log into the BullPhish ID portal. Ensure to increase the user limit to >= 1. Check out the detailed guide here.
- Employee Count: Provide the employee count. You can select the range from 1 to 251+. By default, Employee Count is 11-50.
- Industry: Select the type of Industry to which the SMB belongs. By default, Industry is Other.
Note: Industry and Employee Count are the mandatory fields.
For more information, see SMB Organization.
IT Glue cards:
The IT Glue integration page features two additional cards for the MSP account. These cards display license consumption information about Phishing/Training (i.e., license consumed vs. licenses in total). The card helps you in the following ways:
- The License Limit is further explained when you hover over the Information icon. You can contact your account manager if you would like to upgrade your current subscription plan.
- If the license limit has been surpassed and you want to attempt any save changes, an error message will display on top of the screen, informing you that the limit has been reached.
- When you only have one Phishing or Training license left and attempt to enable two licenses, a message is displayed over the second toggle, "License Limit reached," informing your licenses are currently full.
Add from IT Glue
1. Click the "Add from IT Glue" button.
2. Click the dropdown to add organizations from IT Glue.
3. Select a list of organizations you want to import from IT Glue to BullPhish ID.
4. You can see the count of selected organizations from the page and click Import.
You can see the import in progress screen when importing is in process.
Once you click import, IT Glue organizations successfully import to the BullPhish ID account with the last sync time. You can scroll down to the last rows of the table to see the updates.
Note: When you request a new import selection, you cannot see the previously selected and imported list of organizations from Add from IT Glue.
Once the synchronization gets enabled, you can still manually change organization settings and click Save.
Link IT Glue organization.
You can directly link organizations from IT Glue with BullPhish ID on IT Glue table view integration page.
For example, if you want to link IT Glue SMB organization testingorg7 with BullPhish ID SMB organization with the name test21; follow the below steps:
- Go to the BullPhish ID SMB organization that you want to link with the IT Glue organization; for example, test21.
- Click the dropdown button from the IT Glue SMB organization column; for example, testingorg7.
- Click Save.
Once the integration is saved, you can see the organization name of BullPhish ID is updated.
Remove IT Glue organization link.
You can directly remove an existing IT Glue organization link with a specific BullPhish ID and manually link it to another IT Glue organization.
- Select the existing IT Glue SMB organization that you want to remove the link with a specific BullPhish ID organization; for example, City of Raleigh.
- Click the dropdown button from the IT Glue SMB organization column and select a new IT Glue organization from the list; for example, City of Durham.
- Click Save.
Once the integration is saved, you can see the organization name of BullPhish ID is updated.
- If you want to remove the existing link of IT Glue organization with BullPhish ID; select None from the drop-down and click Save.
Once the integration is saved, the link will be removed between IT Glue organization and BullPhish ID.
Update the IT Glue organization name and apply synchronization.
- If you log back into the IT Glue account and edit an SMB organization name, for example, testingorg7 to testingorg5, the organization name of BullPhish ID changes on the integration page; follow the below steps:
- Log into IT Glue account > Organizations > Edit Organization > Save.
- Go back to the BullPhish ID IT Glue integration page and click Sync Now to trigger sync manually.
As per the changes made in the IT Glue account, the BullPhish ID organization name has been changed on the IT Glue tableview.
- Automate sync occurs every day at midnight Eastern Standard Time (EST).
- You can sync manually using the Sync Now button.
- The Last Sync time will be updated after the sync is completed.
Delete the IT Glue organization name on IT Glue account.
- When a partner admin logs back into the IT Glue account and deletes an SMB organization that is in sync with the BullPhish ID organization, the synchronization gets delinked between similar names of SMB organizations. For example, testingorg5.
- Consequently, the IT Glue organization column goes to None.
Once the organization is deleted on IT Glue account, thee IT Glue organization column goes to None on BullPhish ID account.
9. You can set up Sync Settings and filter organizations by organization type and status.
- Clicking sync settings opens the IT Glue Sync Settings modal window.
- All Organization Types and Organization Statuses are automatically connected and fetched from IT Glue to BullPhish ID.
- You can still manually update the selection between available statuses.
- Click Apply.
Note: After you click apply, sync will trigger immediately.
You can manually sync and update the selection. For example, if you want to sync only Active status and specific organization types, make the selection accordingly.
After clicking Apply, the sync settings will successfully configure IT Glue, and sync status is automatically triggered; all the inactive status links are removed on BullPhish ID.
Once you deselect the Inactive organization type option from sync settings, all the inactive organization links will be removed from BullPhish ID.
You can again go back and enable the sync settings, for example, active status with all available organization types.
As per your selection, all active organizations are fetched from IT Glue.
- IT Glue users can create and define custom statuses.
- Log into IT Glue > Organizations > New.
- Click Add New button to provide a custom organization type and status, and click Save.
You can see the custom-added organization type and status from the sync settings. For example, Enabled status and Integration type.
You can directly change the SMB organization user subscription from the integration page.
- If you reached your phishing/training license limit, the following error message appears on the screen "You have reached your license limit. Adjust the licenses to save the changes or contact your account manager to upgrade your plan."
Click the Disconnected button to disconnect integration with IT Glue from the options menu.
The following Statuses are available for the integration page:
- Connected: This status is available when integration is live and connected with IT Glue.
- Disconnected: This status displays when you manually disconnect the integration, or your API key is changed on the IT Glue portal.
- Syncing: This status appears when sync is in progress with IT Glue.
You can apply the filter by BullPhish ID SMB organization. For more information, click how to use filter functionality.
How do I create SMB Organization– Kaseya
How do I use the Revoke button? – Kaseya
How do I use Filters functionality? – Kaseya