Frequently Asked Questions
1. Contracts are not populating when creating a recurring master ticket. Why?
- The reason you are not able to see the contracts in the dropdown when creating a recurring master ticket is due to the "start" and "end" dates of the contract. If your start and end dates occur in the past, the contracts won't be available and will not populate.
- If you have a start date and to date that are entered as today, the contracts won't be available and will not populate.
- If you have a start date that occurs in the future, the contracts won't be available and will not populate.
2. Will any of the billing automation steps set an invoice to "Ready to Send" status?
You will need an invoice template to apply for the invoice to have "Ready to Send" status.
3. Is it a good practice/bad practice to assign same schedule time for multiple billing automation jobs?
It is a bad practice as it creates duplicate invoice numbers.
4. Can we edit a closed Retainer by Hours billing period?
5. If I have sent an invoice to QuickBooks/Xero, can I resend it?
Yes, you can by clicking Reset Posted to Accounting button in the Invoices page and then by clicking the Save button.
6. Can I bill for a past and a future month if a recurring service contract is billed for the present month?
You cannot bill for the past month, but you can bill for a future month.
7. Can I change a cloned yearly contract to monthly or quarterly when it was initially set to yearly contract?
No, you cannot.
8. Can I make a few changes to the contract when it has already been billed for a couple of months?
It is not a best practice to make such changes when it has already been billed for a couple of months.