This article defines how Kaseya BMS fields are mapped to IT Glue fields. Learn more about integrating with Kaseya BMS in this article.
A summary of the two-way sync behavior:
- Configurations <--> Asset
- Organizations <--> Account
- Locations <--> Locations
- Contacts <--> Contacts
For more details on how to enable two-way sync, refer to our Enabling Kaseya BMS two-way sync KB article.
|IT Glue: Configuration
|Kaseya BMS: Asset
|Primary IP Address
|Physical Location Info
|Primary MAC Address
|Warranty Expiration Date
|IT Glue: Organization
|Kaseya BMS: Account
|IT Glue: Contact
|Kaseya BMS: Contact
|Contact Phone Numbers
|Point of Contact
|IT Glue: Location
|Kaseya BMS: Location
Standard matching rules are used to match records within IT Glue when pulling data from Kaseya BMS. The sync will discover accounts, configuration items, contacts, and account/contact addresses in Kaseya BMS and match them to data in IT Glue using the Kaseya BMS fields shown in the table below:
|IT Glue: Rule
|(Account) AND (First Name AND Last Name)
(Account) AND (Asset Type AND Asset Name) AND (Serial Number AND MAC address) *
|(Location) AND (Address 1 AND Address 2 AND City AND State/Province AND Country)
If the matching logic is unsuccessful in finding a match, a new record is created. When one or more identical matches are found, the item that was created first is matched on.
- Configurations: If more than one match, the system will try to narrow the matches using a unique identifier, such as a serial number or MAC address, before matching on date created.
- When a BMS integration is active, the configurations will use the following rules for matching:
- MAC and Serial Number both match.
- Only MAC matches.
- Only Serial Number matches.