The VSA 9.5.10 release includes enhancements and fixes described in the topics below. For minimum system and agent requirements, see these topics in the Kaseya R95 System Requirements Guide: Kaseya Server Minimum Requirements & Configuration and Agent Minimum Requirements.
- Scaled SaaS deployment – Saturday, March 19th, 7.00 am ET
- Full SaaS Deployment - Saturday, March 26th, 7.00 am ET
- General Availability (on-prem customers) - Wednesday, March 30th - available now
Note: SaaS customers will be informed of their maintenance window via https://status.kaseya.net.
Dates are subject to change at short notice. On-prem customers are advised to check this page again prior to attempting an upgrade.
Important Security Updates
This release contains important security updates. We recommend on-premises customers update to this release as soon as possible (No action is required for SaaS customers as updates are automatically applied).
- Fixed an issue where an authentication token was exposed during the KaseyaOne SSO login process.
- Fixed a Stored Cross-site Scripting (XSS) Vulnerability.
- Fixed an issue where stored username and encrypted password for an external service were exposed in a web server response for an authenticated VSA user.
- Fixed an issue where 2FA passcode was not being correctly validated for Active Directory domain users who authenticate using Passly (Authanvil)
With this release, the early preview version of Info Center 2.0 will be available for participants of the Info Center Preview program
- Users can preview datasets in a viewer and export data to CSV format for further manipulation in an external program, like MS Excel.
- Users can create blank or template-based pixel-perfect reports in a brand-new report designer.
- Users can create a schedule to generate PDF reports with selected recurrency.
- 8 templates of popular reports out-of-the-box.
- In this release, we have introduced an automatic patch rule where each action (Approve, Reject, Suppress) on a given patch on the Patch approval pages creates a rule to automatically perform the same action for all newly discovered instances of a given patch via scan procedure. Patch Approval page now incorporates 4 tabs:
- Pending Review — the list of patches to review.
- Approved — the list of patches with an automatic rule set to «Approve».
- Rejected — the list of patches with an automatic rule set to «Reject».
- Suppressed — the list of patches with an automatic rule set to «Suppress»
We have added a tool to migrate the 3rd-Party Software 1.0 Profile to a newer version. To open the dialog, click on the «Migrate 3rd-Party Software Profiles» on the Configuration → Settings → Migration tab.
Using the migration dialog, you can select old profiles you would like to migrate. Check Enable auto-update to automatically approve new software versions. Check Reassign machines to automatically reassign machines to the migrated profile.
Please review the list of migrated applications. In some circumstances, VSA can skip the transfer of a particular application version. Open the Application Logging page for details. In that case, you must manually add missing application versions.
IP Whitelisting for Personal Access Tokens
To enhance API access security, we have added a new IP whitelisting capability to Personal Access Tokens for VSA administrators, to allow authentication only from specified IP addresses or networks.
- Each row must contain a single IPv4 address or subnet using valid CIDR notation. Examples are displayed in the UI.
- On saving the token with one or more whitelist entries, API will accept requests using that token from specified IP addresses and networks only. Any attempt to authenticate with the token from other networks will be refused with a standard “authentication failed” response.
- If the whitelist is empty, authentication will be accepted from any network that provides access to the VSA web interface.
Agent Application Branding
- We have removed Kaseya icon branding in various VSA agent files.
- Moved Info Centre preview module to Info Centre Preview navigation.
In this release, we are continuing to enhance and expand the capability of the VSA REST API.
Added new API routes to get information about Agent profiles and notes.
- Generic API to get all agent information.
- To get information about a particular agent.
- Generic API to get all agent information.
- Added a new API - /api/v1.5/discovery/networks- to get information about networks configured in Discovery > Networks > By Network.
- Added new API routes to get information about Agent profiles and notes.
- In this release, we have created a new column on the Machines page that displays the applied overrides for a given machine, and we can filter those machines from the column.
- In this release “Kaseya 1.0” OS Update Engine became deprecated. It is recommended to migrate to the “Kaseya 2.0” OS Update Engine.
- Fixed a rare case where two agent install packages could be created with the same package ID, meaning a user may inadvertently install the agent with incorrect parameters.
- Fixed an issue where machine grid filtering and sorting were not working for Audit custom fields.
- Fixed an issue where the "Write File" agent procedure operation may not work on macOS Agents.
- Fixed an issue where the machine grid/sort was not working for Audit Custom fields.
- Fixed an issue of country field not populating on Manage Agent page and Quick view.
- Fixed an issue where user login created by Agent Procedure was unsuccessful.
- Fixed an issue where, in certain circumstances, an Agent Procedure that has been imported to a SaaS tenant may execute a sub-procedure on the wrong tenant. This was known to impact certain 3rd party (TAP) integrations such as Bitdefender.
- Fixed an issue when running agent procedures from REST API with a callback URL, where multiple callbacks were made for each request if the external web server did not respond straight away.
- Fixed an issue where a successful backup was incorrectly reported as failed due to a log processing error.
Cloud Backup (KCB & BUDR)
- Fixed an issue where outdated Acronis Backup Agent v12 was being installed on 32-bit Windows machines.
Data Warehouse API
- Fixed an issue where Data Warehouse module installation crashed if VSA had no Kaseya Cloud Backup module.
- Fixed an issue when some Data Warehouse endpoints return an error because of records limit.
- Fixed an issue where a device could not be promoted to an asset if the organization had multiple machine groups.
- Fixed an issue on the Discovery > Domains > Domain Watch page where a user had visibility of domains belonging to organizations outside of their User Scope.
- Fixed an issue where an internal agent procedure created by alarm processing would fail to be properly signed before it was executed.
Remote Control Module
- Fixed an issue with Column Filter not resetting on the Remote Control > Operations > Control Machines page.
- Fixed an issue with the missing Filter list on the Remote Control > Operations > Control Machines page.
- Fixed an issue with Counter on Remote Control > Operations > Control Machines page.
- Resolved minor UI issue where additional scroll bars could appear on the Remote Control > Operations > Control Machines page which were not necessary.
- Fixed an issue where machines affected value in the Pending Review grid was not matching the machine count shown in the Machines modal.
- Fixed an issue in Info Center > Reporting > Report Sets where the reports were showing incorrect data for software titles deployed with Kaseya 2.0 engine.
- Fixed an issue in the Description window for OS\3PP patch where missing or incorrect information was getting displayed.
- Fixed an issue where there was no log-in Application Logging after the Scan Analysis profile was assigned on the machine.
- Fixed an issue where the Vulnerabilities tab showed a certain number of vulnerabilities, however inside of the actual vulnerabilities tab, it did not show the same amount.
- Fixed an issue where after failed 3rd-Party Software installation time stamp in Approved history record was getting updated.
- Fixed an issue when an Arithmetic overflow error occurs during the scan process.
- Fixed an issue where the automatic backup maintenance plan was not cleaning up old backups.
- Fixed an issue where the Kserver process could crash due to an issue with managed variables.