Here are some instructions to complete the Vul Scanner deployment manually.
1. Download the Vul Scanner's virtual machine hard disk for the Hypervisor environment
VHD for Hyper V Deployments - https://download.rapidfiretools.com/download/VS-HyperV.zip
2. Deploy the VM in your hypervisor and make sure to allocate a minimum of 8GB of RAM and 4 CPU cores. If you need assistance deploying a VM in Hyper V or VMware please contact email@example.com
3. Once the VM has been deployed, log into the VM using the following credentials to access Vul Scanner's setup console.
4. Once logged in you should see the following Setup Menu come up. Select option 5 - Set Appliance ID and hit OK.
5. Enter your Rapidfire Tools credentials and hit ok.
note: These are the same credentials you would use to log into the RFT Portal where you manage your Vul Scanner.
6. Select the Appliance ID associated with the Vul Scanner site you wish to deploy and hit OK.
7. You should now see the appliance ID has been configured for this appliance. Hit ok.
8. You should now be back at the Main Menu. Select Option 5 - Application Control. Click OK.
9. From the Application Control Menu select Option 4 - Update Application. Hit OK.
10. Once you click ok you should see that an Update has been requested. Hit OK.
11. Wait about 5 minutes to allow the Vul scanner to update then click the Back button until you get to the Main Menu. Select Option 6 - Troubleshooting.
12. From the Troubleshooting Menu select Option 3 - Run Diagnostics. Hit OK.
13. When the diagnostics gathers all the information from the appliance make sure the Appliance Version matches the Available Version and click ok.
14. Hit back until you get to the Main Menu and exit the setup menu.
You are done with the installation at this point.
15. Log into the portal and check to make sure the status indicator in the site dashboard is green. It may take a 5-10 minutes before it turns green. At that point you may begin setting up and running your scans.