Traverse 9.6.1 includes new features, enhancements, and bug fixes. See the topics below for details.
MFA Reset enables Admins and Superadmins to reset the MFA cache on behalf of a specific user in the event that the MFA source device has been lost.
To perform an MFA reset, navigate to the Superuser> Global config> MFA Settings page> Reset MFA button. Once pressed, the next login will prompt the associated user to perform MFA configuration.
Password Reset on Next Login allows a Superuser or Admin to trigger a mandatory password change for a specific user. This can be accomplished by navigating through Administration> Departments> User Pane and selecting the "User must change password at the next logon" toggle.
As apart of our continued efforts to make Traverse more secure, we have added more robust password validation with the following complexity requirements:
- The minimum password length cannot be less than 16 characters.
- Passwords must contain:
- Upper case characters (A-Z - Latin alphabet)
- Lower case characters (a-z - Latin alphabet)
- Numeric characters (0-9)
- Non-alphanumeric characters (!, $, #, %, etc.) - must be ASCII printable characters (extended characters are not supported).
Mandatory Multi-factor Authentication in SaaS
Moving forward, all Traverse SaaS instances will have mandatory MFA enabled. In addition, Superusers of on-prem installations are also able to enable mandatory MFA by:
- Navigating to the Superuser> Global config> MFA Settings page. Click the gear icon and enable the "All users are required to have MFA" toggle.
Content: Device Signatures
Added CPU/memory/DISK and mail disk usage tests for FortiMail.
The memory size allocation for all Traverse components have been audited and increased to accommodate recent 64-bit changes.
- Resolved an issue where admins were unable to edit department users.
- Resolved an issue where the users with Admin read-only permissions could not change their password at the next login.
- Resolved an issue where the device health history did not reflect accurately.
- Resolved an issue where newly provisioned tests on a DGEx did not poll unless the DGEx components were restarted.