This document describes new features introduced in the 10.3 release. For complete upgrade instructions and considerations, see the Upgrade Guide for Recovery Series and Unitrends Backup.
Unitrends 10.3 builds on the success of Unitrends 10.2.1 with the following enhancements:
Windows image-level protectionYou now have the option to protect Windows assets at the disk and volume level with image-level backups. This option delivers lightning fast backup performance of Windows servers. For details, see Windows Image-level Protection Overview in the Administrator Guide for Recovery Series and Unitrends Backup.
Long-Term Data Management10.3 appliances manage retention with the new long-term data management feature. Use this feature to create a customized inventory of weekly, monthly, and yearly retention points for your protected assets. For details, see Managing retention with long-term data management in the Administrator Guide for Recovery Series and Unitrends Backup.
|CAUTION!||Before attempting to use this feature, ensure that you have reviewed the requirements and considerations
in Managing retention with long-term data management and understand how your assets may be
This release adds host-level support for vSphere 6.7 environments.
vSphere 6.7 Support
XenServer 7.3 SupportThis release adds host-level support for XenServer 7.3 environments.
Performance EnhancementsThis release introduces a performance optimization that may reduce the duration of inline deduplicated backup jobs - particularly those containing large numbers of small files. You may also notice a slight improvement in backup copy performance.
|Note:||The above enhancement is only available on Unitrends Backup virtual appliances and Generation 8 Recovery
User Interface EnhancementsRelease 10.3 includes the following usability enhancements:
- This release enhances Backup Catalog capability with a new Backup Browser feature. The Backup Browser provides advanced search and filter options to quickly search for, filter, and sort the backups stored on the appliance.
- Click ? in the upper-right corner of a dialog to view related procedures in the Administrator Guide for Recovery Series and Unitrends Backup. This enhancement is a work in progress. We will continue to add help to dialogs in upcoming releases.
- Multiple jobs can now be simultaneously canceled.
- The column "Database Name" has been renamed "DB/VM Name" in the Backup History and Backup Failures reports.
- The Legal Hold Backups report has been relocated to the Retention report category.
The table below lists customer-discovered issues that were promptly resolved in this release. For details on each defect, see the Customer-Found Defects KB article.
|Backup Copy (Cold)||
|Backup Copy (Hot)||
Fixed hot backup copy failures that were observed with the error message — "Fail to approve pending copy request - Query to add."
Resolved an issue where the migration script could fail on a stateless Unitrends Backup appliance using iSCSI primary storage.
Resolved an issue where attempts to re-image Recovery Series appliances from USB media were unsuccessful.
Resolved an issue where the default ConnectWise WSDL was incorrect.
Resolved an issue where kernel updates of Unitrends appliances deployed as installable software were causing driver compatibility problems.
|VM Instant Recovery||
Resolved a VMotion issue that could cause instant recovery failures.