How to use the Windows iBMR console to handle physical server recoveries as well as physical to virtual or virtual to physical server restores. Restore a server from a full (or master), differential or incremental backup taken with the Unitrends Windows agent. Now called Unified Bare Metal.
This is a walkthrough of the Windows Integrated Bare Metal Recovery Console (now called Unified Bare Metal) to assist with handling physical server recoveries, as well as physical to virtual (P2V) or virtual to physical (V2P) server restores.
For your convenience, you can follow the steps in the Task pane below. Details can be found in our Administrator Guide (PDF page 1029 "Performing unified bare metal recovery" or HTML under Windows Unified Bare Metal Protection) or you can view the Video Tutorial titled "Windows Integrated Bare Metal Recovery, Part Two".
You can also get extensive instructive detail by taking the Unitrends System Administrator course/certification, and reviewing the section "OS, File Level, Hypervisor and NAS Recovery".
Integrated vs Unified Bare Metal
There difference between Integrated and Unified is not much difference, but as of 10.1 the recovery process has been moved the Instant Recovery to the Replica tab (RECOVER page > Replicas tab > Create Replicas).
We strongly recommend that you consider upgrading to Enterprise Plus which enables the Copy Data Management and Data Copy Access (DCA) functionality. Copy data management addresses the following scenarios for your virtual and physical Protected Assets:
- Certifying that your backups fulfill the requirements specified in your business continuity plan by testing for RPO/RTO compliance, malware infection, and application behavior in a failover scenario.
- Orchestrating failover from certified recovery points in the event of a disaster.
- Accessing production data as fully functional VMs contained within isolated testing labs. These instant labs enable you to scan for malware, perform update testing, run compute intensive reports, and perform business analytics operations without impacting your production environment.
Screen 1 of 4:
1. Setup/Check Valid IP Address
2. Set Time Zone.
3. Click “Next”
Screen 2 of 4:
1. Locate (LASTNAME_UEB) System in Backup Source
2. Locate DC_Exhcange2 in Client List
3. Locate Newest Point In Time
4. Click “Next”
Screen 3 of 4:
1. Deselect Restore to Original System
2. Select Source Disk 0
3. Select Destination Disk 0
4. Click “Add”
5. Click “Next”
Screen 4 of 4:
1. Click “Restore”