Experiencing repeated and consistent failures of backups? It could be that your Windows system needs one (or more) of the many Microsoft Hotfixes to address the issue.
1) Please stop and disable any backups that are related to the Protected Asset (the Windows Client).
2) Perform any hotfixes required (see the Microsoft KBs below) to return your Protected Asset to a ready condition.
3) Run a 1-Time Full so the Unitrends system has all changes (see KB 5580 on How do I perform a 1-Time Full/Master)
4) Enable your Backup Job.
Microsoft KBs and Hotfixes related to backup requester application
- 2996928: Backup task fails with a time-out error in Windows FAILED_AT_FREEZE (0x800423f2 - VSS_E_WRITERERROR_TIMEOUT)
- 3090343: Cluster service stops during the VSS backup in a Windows Server 2012 R2 or Windows Server 2012-based Hyper-V cluster
- 2875949: VSS backup operations are not successful when the auto-recovery option is enabled in SQL Server