Use this article as a guide when you integrate with Kaseya BMS.
At any time, you can come back to the Active Integrations screen (Account > Integrations) to make changes to the integration.
The field mappings are set up automatically when you follow the instructions below. For more information, take a look at Kaseya BMS field mappings.
If you are migrating your PSA or merging to another instance, please contact your Account Manager. Guidance from our team is recommended to ensure this is completed successfully.
- An SSL connection with a valid certificate (not self-signed) from a trusted authority is required.
- You must have Manager or Administrator access to IT Glue.
- Use the user account assigned the "API Employee" role to integrate with other platforms as it has access to all CRM and asset information in your BMS account. For more information on creating an API Employee user type, see BMS API article.
- In addition to the API Employee login credentials, you need your Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) and your company name (tenant ID) from Kaseya BMS.
Setup API Employee user type in BMS account
- Create a new employee in HR > Employees.
- Choose the User Type as Api Employee.
Important! Employee credentials will no longer be supported as part of the IT Glue and BMS integration. Please use the API Employee credentials.
Users with API user type access can now create a password of their choice using the reset password screen.
- Navigate to the gateway link, enter your username and choose reset password OR
- Admins can select the API user and choose Reset and Send instructions.
- API users will receive the link to change or create the password.
- Create your new password and use this to authenticate your API calls.
- API user type will not be able to login into the system. UI access is limited to the reset/create password screen.
API users will need to have a valid email for this to succeed.
Creating a new integration using Kaseya BMS
- Navigate to Account > Integrations and create a new integration using the Kaseya BMS option.
- Enter your API credentials and then click Connect.
- In the Sync Settings tab, tell us how much of your data to sync. By default, recommended options are listed first. As a best practice, we recommend you only select the company and configuration types that you actively manage.
- In the Two-Way Sync Settings tab, review the Enable two-way sync setting. Uncheck this function if desired. For partners with Network Glue and Active Directory enabled, configure your contact attributes so that new contacts created from Active Directory are automatically pushed to your PSA (learn more here).
- Click Save. The sync will be automatically queued.
- You can use the manual sync option to prioritize the sync to start sooner. To start a manual sync, navigate to Account > Integrations, click Actions and Start Manual Sync.
- From the Active Integrations screen, you can see the overall sync status. When the sync is complete, the status column changes from Syncing... to OK.
IT Glue widget for Kaseya BMS
Now that you have completed the integration, you have the option of setting up the IT Glue widget in Kaseya BMS. The IT Glue widget allows a user to easily view IT Glue data while accessing ticket information in Kaseya BMS. To use the widget, you will need to set up two-way sync to ensure that data is synced and kept up-to-date across both platforms.
BMS Live Ticketing
To further your ticketing resolution process, BMS Live Ticketing allows you to open, update, and resolve BMS tickets directly in IT Glue without having to switch between the applications. Note that the ticket settings you configured following the steps above will apply to both BMS and IT Glue. For more details, check out our KB article here.