Welcome to MyGlue! Here are a few things you'll need to know to get started with MyGlue.
- You must be an IT Glue Administrator to configure MyGlue accounts.
MyGlue is a password management and collaboration solution designed for clients of IT services companies and tightly integrated with IT Glue. MyGlue can also be extended toward process management to combine teams, passwords, and documentation in one seamless experience.
To deploy MyGlue, you configure new MyGlue accounts and then provision groups and users to those accounts. If you currently have clients who use IT Glue, the steps for creating and managing users will look very similar.
Initially, each MyGlue account will be a blank slate. This approach allows you to quickly deploy MyGlue without inadvertently giving MyGlue users access to sensitive information. You can share your IT Glue information with MyGlue users as needs arise.
IT Glue authentication settings have no effect on MyGlue, so there is nothing to reconfigure in IT Glue if you currently use our SSO and MFA features.
Note: MyGlue users will not be able to create configurations with the types and statuses that are set to sync through PSA.
MyGlue is a collaborative solution designed to move your clients towards self-served management of their passwords, checklists, and internal documentation. With MyGlue, they are empowered to solve simple or repetitive IT issues on their own.
As their Managed Service Provider, your IT Glue account provisions their MyGlue accounts. It’s important to note that, per our Terms of Service, MyGlue is to be used by your external client base only, rather than internally.
1. Read the MyGlue Deployment Guide
The Deployment Guide will take you through the complete step-by-step process required to successfully deploy MyGlue for your clients in a variety of ways. Each of your clients are going to have different needs, so these scenarios will prepare you for the three primary use cases we've identified for MyGlue.
- Deploy a MyGlue account for a client that provides them with a secure place for password management.
- Scenario 1: Set Up Password Management for your Clients
- Deploy a MyGlue account for a client that provides them with a secure place for password and custom asset management.
- Deploy a MyGlue account for client stakeholders that provides them with access to all asset types and all unrestricted IT Glue Data.
- Scenario 3: Full Documentation Access for Key Stakeholders
- Deploy a MyGlue account for key client stakeholders that provides access to some or all IT Glue data and assets.
- Scenario 4: Collaboration
- Deploy a MyGlue account to share IT Glue documented SOPs via MyGlue to help client users solve simple IT issues without your intervention.
- Scenario 5: Self-Service
2. Read Knowledge Base Articles
We recommend reading through these before you begin following through the MyGlue Deployment Guide in step 5 below. Here's the MyGlue content you'll find in that section:
- Getting started with MyGlue
- MyGlue Deployment Guide
- Configuring and managing MyGlue accounts
- Creating MyGlue groups and users
- Setting up MyGlue Help Center
- Changing an existing user's access to MyGlue
- Purchasing MyGlue seat packs
- MyGlue FAQ
- I have MyGlue questions, where can I get help?
3. Download the MyGlue Action Pack
The MyGlue Action Pack provides sales collateral for IT Service Providers. It helps you market MyGlue to your client base. Let’s take a look at each sales tool and see how you can leverage it to drive sales.
To download the MyGlue Action Pack:
Managers and Administrators:
Navigate to Account > MyGlue and then click the MyGlue Action Pack button at the top-right to download.
For all other users:
Please refer to the MyGlue Action Pack article for download instructions.
4. Train your Clients
Once you've invited your clients into their new MyGlue accounts, be sure to direct them to the Getting Started section of the MyGlue Help Center. This will get them up to speed quickly, so they can start putting MyGlue to use straight away.
They'll find information on:
- Why MyGlue?
- First day in MyGlue checklist
- MyGlue 101
- Adding, editing, and deleting passwords
- Adding, editing, and deleting documents
- Searching in MyGlue
- Creating a basic checklist in MyGlue
- Using MyGlue Help Center
5. Get Ongoing Support
The Partner Success team is available to support you along the way. Please see the Contacting IT Glue Support article to learn about the different ways you can get in contact with them.