Now that you know how to create a basic checklist, here is an example of a common industry checklist that you can create for an organization.
Building a Workstation Deployment Checklist
- Log in to your IT Glue account.
- Navigate to the organization you want to build a checklist for. If you are creating this as a generic checklist for your team to use with multiple clients, you will want to create it inside your own organization.
- In the left-hand menu, select Checklists and then click on + New > Checklist.
- Use the below title, description, and tasks as a guideline for this Workstation Deployment Checklist. Feel free to adjust any of the information to better fit your business needs.
- Title - Workstation Deployment Checklist - [Workstation Number/ID]
- Description - All [company name] managers (or, administrators as delegated) are to complete this checklist when deploying a workstation for the first time.
Tasks - See table below
Suggested Task Name Suggested Task Description Unbox, boot up, check specs against order Check firmware is current, upgrade if required Connect to imaging network, boot from NIC Note: For standard computer at POST, select F12. Non-standard computers may have a different method to boot from network. Refer to organization site summary asset to confirm which image to select Install RMM agent Check all RMM first time scripts are run successfully Troubleshoot as necessary with SOP
Example of a fully built Workstation Deployment Checklist:
Feel free to check out our other examples of common industry checklists: