Follow these instructions to capture the management interface for a device with a dedicated management port.
- Load the network attached devices in the client environment as configurations.
- (Optional) Import or create a document with details on out-of-band access to the management network itself or procedures on how to power-on, power-off, or restart remotely.
- From IT Glue, navigate to an organization that has the device.
- From the Configurations list view, find the device, open it, and then click Edit.
- Scroll down to the Configuration Interfaces section, add the management port IP as a new IP Address for the device. The primary IP would typically be the IP address of the device's primary network interface.
- Enter Management port in the Port and the web administration interface address in Notes.
- Click Save.
- In the Related Items section in the right-hand side panel, add the procedures document you created further above.
After the port and detailed procedures are recorded, you should have the required information to configure or troubleshoot the device using the out-of-band connection.