Now that you know how to create a basic checklist, here is an example of a common industry checklist that you can create for an organization.
Building an Employee Onboarding Checklist
- Log in to your IT Glue account.
- Navigate to the organization you want to build a checklist for. If you are creating this as a generic checklist for your team to use with multiple clients, you will want to create it inside your own organization.
- In the left-hand menu, select Checklists and then click on + New > Checklist.
- Use the below title, description, and tasks as a guideline for this Employee Onboarding Checklist. Feel free to adjust any of the information to better fit your business needs.
- Title - Employee Onboarding Checklist - [Employee name] - [Employee ID]
- Description - All [company name] managers are required to review and complete this checklist with each new hire during the onboarding process.
- Tasks - See below table
Suggested Task Name Suggested Task Description Give employee tour of office / introductions
- Ensure employee knows location of washrooms, kitchen, printers, first aid kit, fire extinguisher, emergency exits, and muster points
- Introduce employee to key senior management, floor safety wardens, and teammates
Show employee their workstation
- Ensure employee has correct workstation login credentials
- Ensure employee has all necessary tools and technology to commence work
Complete company orientation
- Company history and overview
- Employee to read and sign Employee Handbook
- Introduce employee to company intranet, email, and other software platforms
- Review dress code, policies, and role expectations
Example of a fully built Employee Onboarding Checklist:
Feel free to check out our other examples of common industry checklists: