Notes capture details about the organization for which you want to give visibility.
- You create a note that gives your team a critical project update and lists a point of contact for more information.
- You create a note to inform your team about a recent staff termination at the client organization.
- You create a message to alert anyone who views that organization about a recent system change such as a server upgrade.
Creating quick notes
Quick notes are messages (short or long) that are visible to everyone except users with a Lite role.
- Navigate to the organization you are specifying the primary location for.
- Click the Edit icon. This will open an on-screen Quick Notes editor.
- In the Quick Notes field, type your note.
- Click Save.
After you save it, the note will be visible on the organization's home page.
Vaulting Quick Notes
Quick notes can be stored in the Vault for maximum information security. You must have Vault enabled in your account to start. Please see Enabling the Vault for more information.
Note: Vaulting quick notes is done per organization. Any user with their Vault passphrase set up can vault or unvault quick notes.
To vault quick notes for an Organization, open the Organization home page, click the pen icon to edit quick notes then check off the Store in Vault checkbox and hit Save.
You will be prompted to enter your Vault passphrase.
To view a vaulted quick note, click Show Quick Note, then enter your unique passphrase in the prompt.
A user lacking a Vault passphrase will be prompted to set one up in the web application. The vault administrator will then need to grant them access to the Vault.
Note: Vaulted quick notes will not be included in account or organizational exports.
Creating alert messages
Alerts are short, brightly colored messages that are visible to all users (including MyGlue users).
- Click Organizations from the top navigation bar.
- In the list view, click the name of the organization to open it.
- Click the Edit button at the top right of the screen.
- In the Alert Message field, type your note.
- Click Save.
After you save it, the alert message will be visible on the organization's home page.