What is the Deleted Items Restore feature?
The Spanning Deleted Items Restore feature allows Salesforce users to restore deleted data and all associated children’s data directly back into their Salesforce instance with a single restore action. This feature greatly simplifies and expedites the traditional process of exporting backed up data out of Spanning as .csv file and then using a data loader to re-import it back into your Salesforce environment.
How to perform a Deleted Items restore:
1. Log into your Spanning Backup for Salesforce account.
2. Click the ‘Deleted Items’ button from the main dashboard, or from the drop-down menu in the upper-right corner of the screen.
3. Select the desired object type that you want to restore from the drop-down menu.
4. Edit the date range filter fields to include the date that the desired data was deleted from your account.
- Note - If you recently deleted data from your Salesforce instance, and a new backup has not completed since the deletion, your data will not yet show up in the Deleted Items page of Spanning, as Spanning has not detected that data has been deleted. So, run an on-demand backup of your data and then return to the Deleted Items page within Spanning, and you will see your recently deleted data.
5. Select all of the data that you want to restore and then click NEXT in the upper-right corner of the page.
6. Select whether or not you want to include the children of that object type in the data restore, and then click NEXT in the upper-right corner of the page.
7. Review all of your selections, and confirm that all data is correct. When ready, click the RESTORE button in the upper-right corner of the page.