To export your backed up Microsoft 365 emails to your local hard drive, please follow these steps:
1. Log into Spanning Backup for Microsoft 365, then:
- If you're signed in as an admin user, continue with step 2 below
- If you're signed in as a non-admin user, continue with step 4 below
2. Select the user that you want to export data from. Select View Backups.
3. Select the emails that you want to export, and then select Export from the Select Action list.
4. Confirm the Export.
5. When the Export has finished compressing, go to the Activity page to download your export.
6. The downloaded file will be a compressed .zip file. After you extract the archive, all of your selected emails will be in .eml format. These .eml files can be imported into many email clients, such as Microsoft Outlook, Apple Mail, or Mozilla Thunderbird.
To import the files into Outlook, simply drag the files into the desired folder within Outlook: