If the Global Admin that initially authorized Spanning is deleted, Spanning will continue to function normally. When the Spanning application is consented to by the Global Administrator account, Azure registers the consent on the Spanning Enterprise Application. The consent is for the Application and not the account. As a result, if the Global Administrator account is deleted, the Spanning Backup application will continue to function.
What happens if the administrator account that authorized Spanning Backup for Microsoft 365 is deleted?
Have more questions?
Was this article helpful?
Provide feedback for the Documentation team!
Browse this section
- How to Protect Microsoft 365 Deleted User Data with Spanning Archived Licenses
- Automated License Purchasing in Spanning Backup for Microsoft 365
- Spanning for Microsoft 365 Integration: Backup Status, Tenant Details and more in Backup.net / Unitrends MSP & IT Glue
- Spanning Microsoft 365 Group-Based licensing
- What I need to do if I encountered issue/error related to Microsoft API
- KaseyaOne IT Complete Single Sign-On for Spanning Microsoft 365 Backup
- How do I register for a helpdesk account?
- How do I install and configure Spanning Backup for Microsoft 365?
- Show and Hide the Spanning Application Tile
- New TAP Module Status Indicators
- See more