Telnet to the port first to save you some time. Load Management Studio and attempt to connect to the database, using the same credentials and port on the computer you are having issues at, using the same logged in user.
If the SQL Server Data Collector doesn't connect, how do I troubleshoot it?
Have more questions?
Was this article helpful?
Provide feedback for the Documentation team!
Browse this section
- SQL Error - Exception has been thrown by the target of invocation
- Can I run the SQL Server Data Collector on a hosted database, say at Rackspace?
- How large of a SQL Server can you run the SQL Server Data Collector on?
- Can I run the SQL Server Data Collection during business hours with load?
- How long does an SQL Server Data Collection take?
- What type of credentials do I need to run the SQL Server Data Collector?
- Why does the user need 'sa' like priviledges for the SQL Server Data Collection?
- What is the default port the SQL Server Data Collector will connect to?
- I am missing some data from the SQL Server Data Collection
- What versions of SQL Server does the SQL Server Data Collector work on?
- See more