Another function of the pre-scan analyzer is the ability to look for multiple computer entries in the list of network computers. If there is one hostname listed multiple times with different IP addresses, then there is a chance that the data collector will not be able to scan that machine. The cause of this is stale DNS records. Be sure to print out the results of the pre-scan so that you can take notice of why computers can't be scanned so that you can make arrangements to scan them at a later time if need be.
Other practical uses for the Prescan Analyzer
Have more questions?
Was this article helpful?
Provide feedback for the Documentation team!
Browse this section
- Microsoft Cloud Assessment - Activity Reports generated with usernames encrypted
- Microsoft Cloud Assessment User Guides
- Network Detective Application User Guide
- How to use the Push Deploy
- Configuring GPO to set Remote Registry Service to Automatic
- Restore administrative shares - Admin$ - if missing from Windows Computer Management
- Network Detective Data Collector Command Line options
- Do I need a Network Scan even if I'm only doing workstations?
- How Push Deploy Works
- What ports to open for MBSA?
- See more