The number of mail items shown in your last backup is less than the total number of emails in your account because Spanning conducts incremental backups, meaning we only back up the new or changed content since the previous backup.
Why are there fewer emails in the last backup than in my email account?
Have more questions?
Was this article helpful?
Provide feedback for the Documentation team!
Browse this section
- Are nested attachments backed up?
- Can I set up an email retention policy for Spanning Backup for Microsoft 365?
- How to Restore All Mail
- How long are the Microsoft 365 export links active?
- Why are some Microsoft 365 mail exports downloaded in parts?
- Can non-admin users export backed up Microsoft 365 Mail data?
- How do I open the export file from Spanning Backup for Microsoft 365?
- How do I export Microsoft 365 Mail?
- How can I search for backed up Mail using Spanning?
- Does Spanning back up the archive mailbox in Microsoft 365?
- See more