This guide will walk through using the Microsoft Group Policy Objects and Scheduled Tasks to deploy the RocketCyber Agent.
A few notes about the deployment script:
The console generates a PowerShell script per customer that automatically includes the information required to deploy the agent, specifically the license key and the URL.
The script first checks to see if the agent is already installed before performing an install.
If the script does not detect an installed agent, it will download the agent installer package to the local machine and execute it.
Retrieve the Appropriate Powershell Script
1. Log on to the RocketCyber console, from the left-hand navigation menu click on All Customers.
2. Click Deploy for the appropriate customer.
3. Click the Select & Copy button for the CLI Command script.
Locate The NETLOGON Share
1. Log on to the Domain Controller that you wish to utilize for deployment.
2. From a cmd.exe prompt run as administrator type:
You will see output similar to below
3. In the list of shares displayed locate the share named NETLOGON
In this example the directory location is C:\Windows\SYSVOL\sysvol\rocketcyber.com\SCRIPTS
You will use this directory path in the Scheduled Task steps for configuring the Start Directory
Create a Scheduled Task
Open the Group Policy Management App on the server.
Click on the Magnifying glass in the taskbar
Type Group Poli
Click on the Group Policy Management app
4. Right-click on your domain in the navigation tree
5. Click on Create a GPO in this domain and Link it here
6. In the New GPO dialog, enter a name for the Group Policy Object
7. Right-click on the New GPO and click Edit
8. The Group Policy Management Editor will open.
In the left-hand tree navigate to Computer Configuration->Preferences->Control Panel Settings->Scheduled Task
9. In the Scheduled Tasks View, Right Click then click New->Scheduled Task
10. Complete the fields in the New Task Properties Dialog
Name: RocketAgent Deploy
Arguments: /C <CLI Script Copied Above>
Start In: NETLOGON Share Path identified in Locate NETLOGON Share steps
It is very important to add the /C before the CLI Script in Arguments. The task will likely not execute properly if you do not
11. Click on the Schedule tab and set the following properties.
Scheduled Task: Run Once
Start Time: Sometime in the future
Run On: Select the appropriate date to execute
12. Click the OK button to save the scheduled task
13. To apply this scheduled task to all systems in the domain:
from a cmd.exe prompt as administrator run
When the task executes on the desired domain-joined computers, the RocketAgent should appear in the RocketCyber Console under the appropriate customer account.