This guide will walk through using the Solarwinds RMM to deploy the RocketCyber Agent.
First, a few notes about the deployment script:
The console generates a PowerShell script per organization that automatically includes the information required to deploy the agent, specifically the license key and the URL.
The script first checks to see if the agent is already installed before performing an install.
If the script does not detect an installed agent, it will download the agent installer package to the local machine and execute it.
Create An Automated Task In Solarwinds RMM
1. Log on to the RocketCyber console, from the left-hand navigation menu click on All Organizations
2. Click Deploy for the appropriate organization
3. Click Download to download the script
4. Log on to the Solarwinds RMM, click Settings, then Script Manager
5. In the Script Manager dialog, click New
6. When the Add User Defined Scripts screen displays, enter the following information
Name: Give this a meaningful name and include the organization name
Description: Provide a description of the script
Default Timeout: Leave as default value
Type: Click Automated Check
OS: Click Windows
Upload a Script: Click browse to navigate to the Powershell script downloaded from the RocketCyber Console.
7. Click Save to continue. Click Close on the Script Manager window
Add The Automated Task To Client Computers
1. Right-click on the desired client in the RMM left-hand pane, then click Task, Add
2. Search for the automated task in the Add Automated Task Dialog. Click on the desired task and click Next
3. On the Add Tasks dialog, select the desired device types. We recommend choosing both Servers and Workstations. Click Next
4. In the RocketAgent Deployment Dialog, enter a descriptive name, then click Next.
5. In the next RocketAgent Deployment Dialog Screen, select Manual from the dropdown list and then click Next.
6. In the next RocketAgent Deployment Dialog Screen, set the maximum permitted execution time to 15 Minutes and then click Next.
7. In the Add Task Device Confirmation dialog, deselect any devices you do not want the agent deployed to. When finished click Add Task.
Run The Automated Task On Client Computers
2. From the Run Tasks Dialog, click the RocketAgent Deployment task, then click Next.
3. From the Run Task Device Confirmation, review the selected devices and click Run Task.
The RocketAgent Deployment task will now execute on the selected devices. You can verify the execution by navigating to a device in the RMM Dashboard and viewing the Tasks tab.
Once the agents are deployed, they will automatically appear in the RocketCyber Console under the selected organization account.