Access tokens are introduced in VSA to replace the basic password authentication for API connections. Password Authentication is deprecated and will be removed from VSA shortly. Refer to the VSA Rest API guide for more details. To support this change BMS has implemented Access tokens in the RMM setup page.
- Setup Access Token in VSA
- Change Authentication to Use VSA Access token in BMS
Token Authentication in VSA
- In VSA, Navigate to System > User Security > Users > User > Access Tokens
- Click on New and create a token for your account.
- Copy the generated token.
- The expiration period is the parameter that the user sets during token creation.
- Access to data is controlled by the scope assigned to this user.
Use VSA Access Token in BMS
- Navigate to Admin > Service Desk > RMM Integration
- Open your existing setup or create a new one
- Choose Yes for Use VSA Access Token
- In the VSA Access Token field paste the token you saved previously from VSA
- Test the connection and save your settings