The VSA 9.5.7d (220.127.116.1196) release includes new features, enhancements, and bug fixes described in the topics below. For minimum system and agent requirements, see these topics in the Kaseya R95 System Requirements Guide: Kaseya Server Minimum Requirements & Configuration and Agent Minimum Requirements.
- Scaled SaaS deployment – Friday, August 6th, 6 pm EST
- Full SaaS deployment – Saturday, August 7th, 7 am EST
- General Availability (on-prem customers) - Monday, August 9th
Note: SaaS customers will be informed of their maintenance window via https://status.kaseya.net.
Dates are subject to change at short notice. On-prem customers are advised to check this page again prior to attempting an upgrade.
This release requires agent version 18.104.22.168. Be sure to update your Windows, Mac, and Linux agents after installing this release.
REST API password-based authentication will be disabled in a future release.
After that you will not be able to authenticate REST API requests using a standard VSA Username and Password combination. To continue working with the REST API you will need to authenticate via OAuth 2.0 or Personal Tokens (see New Features section below).
REST API: Personal Token Authentication
In this release, we are happy to introduce Personal Token authentication for the REST API. It is a more secure authentication method than using standard VSA User passwords, and you can explicitly control tokens for each VSA User, including the token's expiration period. For more information on authentication options, please refer to the following documentation:
Coming Soon - User Portal: Home Page and Ticketing
The User Portal is in testing and is planned for release in 9.5.7e on 8/23/2021 for both SaaS and On-Premises customers.
It will include the following capabilities in its initial release:
- Display of the User Portal when the end-user double-clicks on the Kaseya icon in the system tray;
- The ability to submit a user ticket using the simplified ticketing form;
- Integration with BMS and VSA Advanced Ticketing via VSA’s IT Complete integrations;
- Integration with Connectwise Manage, Autotask, and TIgerPaw PSAs via MSPassist integrations;
- A future release tentatively planned for September will restore the custom forms supported by Kaseya Service Desk
Restored the ability to distribute Agent installer download links to external users without VSA user accounts. Packages will not be listed on a public download page, but custom packages can be downloaded without authentication using a known link provided by the VSA admin user. To obtain the link: -
- Go to Agent > Packages > Manage Packages.
- Click on the hyper-linked package name.
- Usable link is displayed in Download Package dialogue along with the ability to copy it to clipboard – this link can be used without authentication to VSA.
- Modified Host request field in Edge to have original request port.
- Fixed an issue where non-breaking space < >, <br> and <i> HTML tags displayed while hovering over the agent to load Quick View.
- Fixed an issue where an “Oops error” was displayed when clicking the download info of the download package window in Agent> Manage Packages.
- Fixed an issue where Agent Procedures were failing due to certain characters not being escaped.
- Fixed an issue where the transfer file () agent procedure step was not working.
- Fixed an issue where an error message was displayed when a file was uploaded in the Audit> Individual Data> Documents page.
- Fixed an issue where successful backups were reported as failed in VSA console.
- Fixed an issue where the Agent Procedures related to deprecated Desktop Management module were executed.
- Removed some legacy reports related to the deprecated Endpoint Security module.
- Fixed an issue where VSA patch installation would fail in some environments.
- Fixed an issue where columns were added due to unexpected asterisk interaction on the Monitor > Agent Monitoring > Event Log Alerts page.
- Fixed an issue where the Create New Event set option was missing on the Monitor > Agent Monitoring> Event Log Alerts page.
- Fixed an issue where an error was displayed and the Service Desk drop-down was empty, when navigating to the Service Desk > Operations > Tickets > Statistics window and clicking the Apply button.
- Fixed an issue where Pending Patches was not showing any patches in the ‘Pending Review ‘state.
- Fixed an issue where Patch Scan would not detect required Service Stack Update (SSU) as missing on some machines, which would in turn prevent detection and deployment of other missing patches.
- Fixed an issue where the patch process required endpoints to connect to the VSA server using port 443 rather than port 5721.
- Fixed an issue where the system was attempting to execute an Agent Procedure related to the deprecated Endpoint Security module.
- Fixed an issue where certain Kaseya files were detected as threats by AV.
- Fixed an issue where the VSA web interface could not be accessed using a custom port.