This guide lists some of the frequently asked questions about Email parser.
- How to create an email parser?
- Refer to this guide to set up your email parser.
- How are replies added to a ticket?
- Message threading is based on the message-id of the email. The ticket number in the subject line is used as a fallback option. Refer to this detailed guide.
- Why is the connection failing when creating a parser?
- Email parsers in PSA use the IMAP protocol to parse the emails from a mailbox to tickets. If the setup fails due to any connection issues, we recommend testing your configuration on the test connectivity tool. Refer to this detailed guide.
- Are all my emails read when I create a parser?
- Only new emails in the mailbox will be converted to a ticket once the newly created parser is active.
- How do I stop tickets creation of my older emails?
- On an existing parser if you do not want emails to be converted to a ticket. Delete and recreate the parser in PSA. This will only convert the new emails to tickets after recreation.
- Why do I get an error 500 when creating the parser?
- Check if your password has any HTML tags in it and remove them. The system doesn't accept any HTML tags.
- The system is not creating tickets for only one of my Clients.
- Email parser doesn't process any emails that contain Body text Base64 and will skip it. Check if the email source of your client contains this encoding.
- How do I block ticket creation for any emails?
- You can use the blacklist feature. Refer to this guide.
- Why are my emails going to unknown tickets?
- For emails coming from a sender whose contact is not present in PSA, Parser creates them as unknown tickets. Refer to this detailed guide.
- Is Oauth with email parser supported for all service providers?
- Currently, Oauth is only supported for O365 clients. Refer to this guide for the setup.
- How does the Account association work for duplicate contacts?
- Duplicate contacts are supported in CRM.
- If an email belongs to multiple/different accounts, and all entries are active; the Email parser will skip this and create a ticket under Unknown tickets.
- If an email belongs to multiple/different accounts, and only one entry is active; the Email parser will choose the active contact to create the ticket.
- If the contact email entries are duplicated inside a single account, the Parser will choose this account for ticket creation.