This article explains how to reset your AuthAnvil token when you upgrade from AuthAnvil SoftToken to AuthAnvil Authenticator.
The AuthAnvil SoftToken app is now integrated into AuthAnvil Authenticator. You can find AuthAnvil Authenticator in the iOS App Store by searching for “AuthAnvil Authenticator” or by clicking here.
The old AuthAnvil On Premise SoftToken is 32-bit and will not work on iOS 11 or higher. Customers using AuthAnvil On Premises need to upgrade to the new Authenticator.
As part of the upgrade process, you are required to reset your token to use it with the new Authenticator.
You must have a 64-bit iOS device running iOS 8 or higher in order to use the new Authenticator as per Apple’s new App Store requirements.
The following iOS devices are compatible with Authenticator:
- iPhone 5S
- iPhone 6/6 Plus
- iPhone 6S/6S Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 7/7 Plus
- iPad Mini 2
- iPad Mini 3
- iPad Mini 4
- iPad Air
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Pro 12.7
- iPad Pro 9.7
- iPad Pro 12.7 (2nd Generation)
- iPad Pro 10.5
Please follow the installation guide below to set up your AuthAnvil SoftToken.
Note: Prior to following this guide an AAoP admin will need to follow this article to reset and reassign the user a SoftToken.
- If you have an existing token on your device you will need to reset it. Ask your AuthAnvil Administrator to send you an enrollment email.
- Download the AuthAnvil Authenticator from the App Store.
- Open the Authenticator. You will be prompted for permissions to use the camera and enable push notifications. If you are only using this app for the AuthAnvil SoftToken then you are not required to enable the camera and push notifications. You can always re-enable the permissions at a later time if you change your mind.
- You will see the “Add Account” camera screen regardless of accepting the camera permissions. On the bottom of the screen there is a “I don’t have a barcode” button. Tap on that and you will see a list of accounts you can add to the Authenticator.
- Select “AuthAnvil SoftToken.”
- Enter your Serial Number and Activation PIN that was provided in your enrollment email and hit Next/Go on your on screen keyboard.
- Once you have submitted your Serial Number and Activation PIN you will see a success message notifying you that you have activated your SoftToken.
- Tap "OK" to dismiss the message.
- During the enrollment process, you will be asked to provide the One-Time Password (OTP) generated by the app. Tap on the SoftToken to generate your first OTP.
- If you need to generate another OTP, tap the “Get Password” button. The button is only active after the previous OTP expires.
How do I delete my SoftToken from the Authenticator?
To delete your SoftToken or any other account you set up on the Authenticator, simply swipe left on the account you wish to delete and tap “Delete”. If you delete your SoftToken you will have to get your AuthAnvil Administrator to reset your token and you will have to go through the enrollment process again the next time you wish to use it.