This article explains how to create an alternative principal name (APN) for a user account.
User accounts in AAoD are associated to email addresses. By default, the email address associated with a user account is also the username for logging in. An APN allows you to create a username that is different from the associated email address.
To create an APN, follow these steps:
- Log in to your AAoD account.
- Select Directory Manager -> Users from the left-hand navigation. The "All Users" panel opens.
- Select the user for whom you want to add an APN. The "Account Information" panel opens.
- Click the "Edit" link in the "Personal Information" area. The "Edit Details" panel opens on the right-hand side.
- Add the desired username to the "Alternative Principal Names" field and click "Add." You can add multiple APNs to a given account. Each APN must be unique.
- APNs must not have spaces.
- Click "Save Changes."
Now, when you log in again, you can use the any of the APNs you created or the default username.