By default, the AuthAnvil Password Server uses the computer’s hostname, or the FQDN defined in the certificate assigned to the website where the AuthAnvil Password Server is installed for communication and authentication between the AuthAnvil Password Server web site and AuthAnvil Password Server web service. If you need to change the hostname of the computer, or the name on the SSL certificate changes, you will need to update the web.config file to point to the new name. To do this, complete the following steps:
- Open Notepad (You will need to run it elevated if you are running Windows Server 2008 or later)
- Open the AuthAnvil Password Server’s web.config file, located at C:\Program Files\Scorpion Software\AuthAnvil Password Server\AAPS\web.config
- Find the “endpoint address” field, located in the client section under system.serviceModel.
- Change the URL in the endpoint address field to reflect the new name of the AuthAnvil Password Server.
Note: With the release of v2.0 of the Password Server we can now configure this Service URL to use HTTPS.
Note: As of Password Server v2.5 this service URL will automatically be configured to use HTTPS.
- Save changes and run an IISReset to reload the service configuration.
For more install information please refer to AuthAnvil Password Server Install guide
If you have any questions or need some help, we would be happy to assist. Open a case at help.scorpionsoft.com or send an email to email@example.com.