AuthAnvil Password Solutions provides two-factor authentication, single sign-on and automated password management. Below is a list of the base requirements to run a successful AuthAnvil environment.
We support x64 configurations:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP 1 or newer
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server Essentials 2012
- Small Business Server 2008
- Small Business Server 2011
- Small Business Server Essentials 2011
- Windows Storage Server Essentials 2011
Note: If you are installing on an SBS Server you may need to add an additional SSL certificate if you did not configure IIS with a Wild Card certificate. AuthAnvil may need to be installed on a separate website if Default website is in use by other applications.
Note: If you are installing on an SBS Server you may need to manually configure a SQL instance.
Note: Server 2016 is not officially tested against the current releases. However no reported errors have been noted.
Typical requirements for the supported platforms listed above are enough to run AuthAnvil Password Solutions. Below is a list of recommended additions to those specs:
- 2GB of free memory if you have SQL Server on another system; 4GB if AuthAnvil Password Solutions installs SQL Server Express for you.
- 150MB of free disk space for the software installation base.
- A minimum of 150MB of free space available for SQL Server data. If you plan to keep long term archive storage for compliance reasons, we recommend 4GB of free space.
- Unproxied connection to the Internet on Port 80 / 443.
A typical Windows Server 2008 r2 SP1 server configured as an application server and IIS setup is usually enough. Below is a list of those requirements:
- Application Server role installed with IIS and the ASP.NET role service.
- A third-party SSL certificate configured on the target website in IIS.
- .NET Framework 4.5 installed (Server feature in Server 2012).
- (Server 2012 / 2012R2) Windows Identity Foundation 3.5 must be installed as a server Feature.
- (Server 2012 / 2012R2) HTTP Activation enabled under .NET Framework 4.5 Features.
- (Server 2012 / 2012R2) If you are installing the default local SQL Server 2014 Express instance with the AuthAnvil Two-Factor Auth or Password Server you will need to enable Net Framework 3.5 from Server Manager - Add Roles and Features.
Please note there can be performance issues if SQL Server 2014 Express is used instead of a paid version of MS SQL Server. See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-ca/library/cc645993.aspx and http://blogs.msdn.com/b/sqlexpress/archive/2008/02/22/sql-express-behaviors-idle-time-resources-usage-auto-close-and-user-instances.aspx
To compare SQL 2014 versions please see this article.
- If you are using SQL Azure please see this article.
Note: SQL Server 2016 is not officially tested against the current releases. However no reported errors have been noted.
AuthAnvil Password Solutions is extensively tested against Microsoft HyperV on Windows Server 2008 r2 SP1 servers and later. However, we continue to provide successful deployments on virtualization platforms including:
- Microsoft Virtual Server
- Microsoft HyperV
- Microsoft Windows Azure VM
- Amazon EC2
- VMWare Server
- VMWare ESX
- Citrix XenServer
- Microsoft VirtualPC (not recommended for production use)
- Oracle Virtualbox (not recommended for production use)
AuthAnvil is developed for use with Microsoft Internet Explorer 10/11 and Google Chrome Version 46.0.2490.86 m - newer.
In addition to the hardware and software requirements listed, you will also need:
- Administrative access to the server you are installing to. If that server is a domain controller or member of a domain, this must be a user with domain administrative rights to add a user. (During install we create a least privilege service account)
- A valid SMTP mail server in which your server can send email to
- Your firewall must allow binary downloads from www.scorpionsoft.com and storage.scorpionsoft.com.
- Your firewall must allow SSL connections to https://customer.scorpionsoft.com from the AuthAnvil server.
- Use of Proxies or Port forwarding is not supported. The AuthAnvil server must have open and directly access to to the internet bidirectionally on Port 443 (Port 80 will be needed during installation only).
- Microsoft SQL Server (Full installation or SQL Express). SQL Express can be installed by default on the server by the installers.
If your organization has a security policy that does not permit direct external connections, please contact your account manager to discuss the purchase of an offline AuthAnvil Licensing Manager agreement.
Note: AuthAnvil Two-Factor Auth, Single Sign On & Password Server can not be installed on the same server as Kaseya Virtual System Administrator, or any other application that is using Port 443 in IIS on its website.