If you are using an AuthAnvil Password Vault Installation from v1.5 or older you will first need to update to AuthAnvil Password Server v1.7 first before you can upgrade to v2.8.
Follow the steps below to make sure your password management server is properly upgraded to v1.7 version of the Password Server.
Step 1 – Backup your existing data by creating a backup (.pvb) file.
- Open a command window and navigate to the C:\Program Files\Scorpion Software\AuthAnvil Password Vault\Tools\BackupTool directory.
- To run the backup, run the command aapvbackup.exe with the -b flag, followed by path to the AuthAnvil Password Server’s web.config file and SQL database.
i.e. aapvbackup.exe -b “C:\Program Files\Scorpion Software\AuthAnvil Password Vault\AAPV\web.config” .\AUTHANVIL
- Your pvb file is created and saved in the same directory. If the backup is successful, the tool will display a success message. If you receive an error confirm the path to the web.config file, verify that the AuthAnvil Password Vault database is accessible and run the backup again. Make sure to move this file to a safe location so that it is not overwritten during the upgrade.
Step 2 – Upgrade AuthAnvil Password Vault to AuthAnvil Password Server
- Download the AuthAnvil Password Server v1.7 installer from this link.
- Run the installer (AuthAnvilPWS.exe).
- Accept the Licensing Agreement and the installer will check for prerequisites.
- Select “Upgrade” to launch the in-place upgrade tool. The upgrade will run an intermediate back up, uninstall the existing files, then deploy the latest ones.
- Once the upgrade completes, the AuthAnvil Password Server login website will be launched.
Note: If the upgrade fails when deploying the updated files, make sure that you have permissions to write to the C:\Program Files\Scorpion Software folder tree and run the installer elevated (Right-Click -> Run as Administrator).
Step 3 – Test upgraded AuthAnvil Password Server
With all the previous configuration settings now restored, your installation should be back up and fully working.
To test that this is true for AuthAnvil Password Server, log in to AAPS using your existing email address and password / AuthAnvil passcode. The AuthAnvil Password Server should display the version 18.104.22.168
Note: With the rename of AuthAnvil Passowrd Vault to “AuthAnvil Password Server”, the website URL has also changed from “/AAPV/” to “/AAPS/” (i.e.https://yourdomain.com/aaps)
Once you have logged in and verified that your data has been restored, you will need to manually delete the “AuthAnvilPasswordVault” database from your previous SQL instance. The new database, “AuthAnvilPasswordServer”, will have all the information for your upgraded installation.
Upgrade from v1.7 to v2.0.
- Repeat Step 1.
- Download the v2.0 installer from http://storage.scorpionsoft.com/apps/pws/aaps/2/0/2/AuthAnvilPWS.exe
Upgrade from v2.0 to v2.8
Please follow this upgrade guide https://helpdesk.kaseya.com/entries/88248637
You should be updated to the current version of the Password Server.