As a benefit for Partners who would like to resell AuthAnvil Two Factor Auth as a hosted service, AuthAnvil supports a multitenancy mode. This allows a single AuthAnvil server to run separate partitions called "Sites". Each site has it’s own users, tokens, admins and logs, which allows each Site to be managed separately without having to maintain multiple servers. The standard AuthAnvil 2FA server installation creates a site with Site ID "1". With multiple sites in a multi-tenant configuration, each one has a different ID number.
The Multitenancy Addin is available for the following platforms:
- AuthAnvil 4.1
- AuthAnvil Two Factor Auth 4.5
- AuthAnvil Two Factor Auth 4.6
- AuthAnvil Two Factor Auth 5.0
The following software must be installed before the Multitenancy Addin can be used.
- Windows PowerShell 2.0
Installing the Multi-Tenancy Package
- If you are a partner, contact Scorpion Software Support through the Help Center to obtain the multitenancy package.
- Once you receive the ZIP file, extract the compressed folder.
- From the decompressed folder copy AuthAnvilManagementConsole.ps1 to C:\Program Files\Scorpion Software\AuthAnvil\AuthAnvilTools.
- From the decompressed folder copy LoadAuthAnvilLibraries.ps1 & MultiTenancy.ps1 to C:\Program Files\Scorpion Software\AuthAnvil\AuthAnvilTools\bin.
Note: these files should only be copied to the correct folder.
Once the Multi-Tenancy script file is installed in the bin directory, the AuthAnvil Management Console PowerShell script will have additional options for managing sites.
- Using PowerShell, navigate to the folder where the AuthAnvil Management Console is located (C:\Program Files\Scorpion Software\AuthAnvil\AuthAnvilTools\ by default) and run the command .AuthAnvilManagementConsole.ps1
- Connect to the local AuthAnvil Two Factor Auth Server and log on as a Master Admin.
- Once logged on, the console will give you the multitenancy menu, which allows you allow you to View Existing Sites, to Add, Manage and Delete Sites, and to Change Site Names.
View Sites: View a list of sites that are already configured on this server.
Add Site: Use the Add Site wizard to add a new site to this server and configure the first user.
Manage Site: Manage an existing site using the tools available in the AuthAnvil Management Console.
Change Site Name: Change the name of an existing site.
Delete Site: Delete an existing site from this server.
Further documentation of the different types of AuthAnvil Two Factor Auth users and tokens is available.
Further information about 2FA site settings re available in the AuthAnvil Two Factor Auth Installation Guide.
Configuring unique Base URL's
This will require either the use of a wildcard SSL certificate or having multiple certificates available in IIS.