When you attempt to activate a Blackberry SoftToken, the device returns the error "Secret Encryption Error"
The SoftToken is not able to access phone information due to a permissions issue. The SoftToken uses some information from the BlackBerry's phone system to generate the encryption keys used to secure the SoftToken.
Grant the SoftToken permission to access the phone system on the Blackberry.
- Navigate to "Options"
- Click on "Advanced Options"
- Click on "Applications"
- Scroll to "AuthAnvilSoftToken" and press the BlackBerry button to bring up a menu
- Click "Edit Permissions"
- Scroll to "Connections" and press the BlackBerry button to bring up a menu
- Click "Expand"
- Scroll down to "Phone" and click the Pearl to bring up a menu
- Click "Allow"
- Press the BlackBerry button to bring up a menu
- Click "Save"
Note: On a BES managed device, depending on the policies set on the BES server, these permissions may need to be set on the BES server rather than on the individual BlackBerry device.
AuthAnvil Blackberry SoftToken