The PSA has introduced a new user experience for ticketing. With this new design, you will experience faster navigation with a sleek new interface.
- Users must minimally have access to view tickets
Switching to the New Service Desk
- Navigate to My Profile > Preferences.
- Choose New View for the "Service Desk Experience" drop-down. This setting is applicable on the user profile level.
- To switch back to legacy choose Legacy view.
- The ticket listing in Service Desk > Tickets will now show the new New Service Desk.
- The search pane is designed to work in a compact space. Choose desired columns for the filter tab and apply them to the ticket listing.
- Filters can be created by using the various columns dynamically.
- Clear filters individually or all at once.
- Scrolling for tickets in the ticket listing is enhanced to virtual scrolling. The headers are frozen and the ticket list auto-updates as you scroll down the page.
Use tabs to have multiple tickets open at once and navigate between views, listing, or individual tickets.
- When you have a search filter on the ticket listing you can open tickets in a new tab and saving your search results in the session so that all of your data is in one window of Tickets.
- Tabs are all saved as-is for the current logged-in session. If you navigate out of the module or close the browser the tabs session will also be refreshed and the tab list will be closed out.
- Timers on tickets will all start to autorun depending on your company settings for auto start.
- You can configure the timer to start automatically whenever a ticket is opened by setting to Enable Stopwatch Autostart option to Yes. This option is located on the Admin > My Company > Company Settings > Service Desk tab.
- Refreshing the tab or window will refresh the timer.
- Hover over any tab to get a sneak peek description of a ticket.
- Multiple tabs can be opened in a single window. When the space is full the tabs are collapsed into the drop down that can be accessed by clicking on the drop-down icon at the end of the tabs.
- Click on the column icon in the ticket listing.
- You can choose your columns. drag and drop your fields.
- Save and switch between views easily.
- When editing a view listing the system displays an asterisk symbol indicating that the view was modified. Save or create a new view from the same listing.
- The user icon next to a view indicates that the view is not owned by the current user.
- Manage views will list the views owned and shared with you.
- You can see who the owner of the shared views is and reach out for any changes.
- The New Service Desk has a default view called system default.
- A "System Default" view will be used as default if no view was previously selected by the user.
- The system shows the last selected view on the browser when you navigate back to the tickets.
Batch actions in the new New Service Desk will enable you to perform multiple actions at once.
- Select multiple tickets from the listing. You can make changes to a ticket with Update and export or delete entries using Delete and Export.
- Choose Update
- This will allow you to make multiple changes on a ticket with one update button.
- Check Logs for the record of the changes made.
Working on tickets
All your PSA ticket data will be displayed among these sections on the page:
- Main panel
- Ticket tabs
- Side panel
1. Main Panel
Navigate to Service desk > Tickets to access your Ticket list view. Clicking any of the line items will open the associated ticket. The ticket details appear in the middle of the page. Click the Read More button to see the entire description.
In the main panel, you will need to manage your committed time on the open ticket. Click the checkmark next to the timer to open the Time Log form. For each time log, there is a running timer that starts counting from zero once the ticket is opened and continues to run while the time log form is open. Note that if you manually adjust the start time or the committed time on the ticket, the timer will stop. You have the ability to restart the timer on any open ticket by clicking the restart button.
The key time entry usability points are as follows:
- When the TimeSpent field is in focus, the input field will be completely auto-selected.
- Users can type decimal numbers freely.
- Delete/backspace on the input number will work without automatically replacing it with zero.
- Startime and Endtime will be calculated after any update in the time spent field and vice versa.
2. Ticket Tabs
The top of the ticket page displays a tab panel with all tickets that are currently open. Clicking any of these tabs will bring the corresponding ticket to the foreground. Each of these tabs displays the title, priority, ticket number, and a running timer. You can preview a ticket by hovering over the ticket tab and also rearrange the order of the tabs if desired. To close a tab, click the x icon on the tab.
You can start and stop the timer directly from the ticket tab. The timer starts counting from zero once you open a ticket. If you have a ticket open in multiple browser tabs, each timer starts from zero and can be committed. Note that navigating away from the ticket or closing it will discard any uncommitted time.
3. Side Panel
The ticketing side panel is where you can quickly browse details regarding Custom Fields, RMM Integration data, Ticket Contacts and history, Affected Assets, Attachments, and Duplicate Alarms on the ticket. Inline editing using Auto complete is supported in this panel and data can be updated within the ticket.
- Details - View Status, Priority, Queue, Created by, Assignee, Secondary Assignee, CCs, Total Time Spent, Total Expense, SLA, SLA Status, Open Date, Due Date, Source, Type, Issue Type, Sub-Issue Type, Service Contract, and Work Type.
- You can change statuses and edit notes at the same time.
- Contact Custom Fields
- Contact Custom fields are displayed in the ticket details panel.
- Values in the panel are read-only.
- Display order set in Admin > My Company > Custom Fields will be considered.
- The first three items will be displayed, and a show more/less toggle can be used to collapse or expand the list.
- Contact Custom fields are displayed in the ticket details panel.
- RMM Integration - This section will only appear if there is an active RMM integration (VSA or Continuum).
- If a Kaseya PSA / VSA integration is enabled, the ticket displays the ticket number as read-only.
- If a Kaseya PSA / Continuum integration is enabled, both the Ticket Owner field and the ticket number are displayed in read-only mode.
- Attachments - Drag and drop your selected file into the dotted line field to upload the attachment.
- Drag and drop multiple files at once under Attachments. Shows the top 5 files in the side panel.
- Activities - This is an up-to-date log of all notes and activities related to the ticket. This section will also show updates to any of the ticket’s details. You can filter the activity log by one or more types of activities or search through the log’s content. The filter option Show only internal is the first filter option that you will find and will show only internal ticket activities once you select it.
To add a new note, click the green + New button beside the search bar and select Add Note.
- In the Note Details tab, select a template macro, select a date (today’s date is the default), type, status, and enter your comments. Click the Internal Note toggle switch to ON if you want your comments to remain private.
- Other tabs like Expenses & Charges and Service Calls & To-Dos function the same way as in Legacy View.
Assign, Merge, Absorb, Print, Audits, Delete are the actions that can be performed on the ticket.
- Audits - Show all the activities performed on a ticket. Audit consists of two tabs Ticket logs and Workflows logs.
- Assign - Assign button enables you to perform multiple actions at one on a ticket.
- You can assign to a tech, change the queue, add a note update a status etc all in one go.
IT Glue can automatically suggest documents and passwords related to your tickets. Refer to this IT Glue guide to learn more about suggested IT Glue documentation.
- Open a ticket and navigate to the Related Items tab.
- The Suggested Docs link is available only in the New view and with an active IT Glue integration.
- In the Suggested Docs link, all the documentation and passwords based on the IT Glue rules will be displayed.
- A Copy and a Shield icon is displayed for Related items > Passwords
- Deeplinks for a document or a password will redirect you to the IT Glue page and open the linked-related document in a new tab.
- The tickets tab links other tickets with the current ticket. Click on the New button to create a link.
- Clicking a related ticket opens the related ticket in a new tab, enabling you to work on both tickets in tandem. When you add a related link, links are created in both tickets.
- Project tasks
- Tickets from the Service Desk module and Tasks from the Projects module can be linked to each other to provide a seamless intersection between Tickets and Tasks. Find the detailed guide here.
The Affected Hardware gives you information about hardware that are affected by this ticket. You can add hardware that are affected by the ticket by clicking the Add Asset button under this tab.
Timeline of a Ticket
All activities on a ticket will be displayed in the timeline with the ability to filter on the activity type. Virtual scrolling is enabled here so that the historical data is all available as and when you scroll down the timeline view.
Adding a New ticket
- Use the New ticket or the Plus mark icon to create a new ticket. This will open a new tab alongside your open tabs
- After clicking on save the ticket will change to view mode in the tabs
- New Service Desk is available on My Tickets and Service Desk tickets pages.
- My Profile > Preferences > Default Tickets listing Click Behavior: This option is not applicable on New Service Desk View.
- For multi-tenant environments, New Service Desk is only supported on Child tenants, not on the Parent tenant.
- The following features are not supported in the New Service Desk. These features will be available in the upcoming sprints.
- Ordering and Delivering charges/expenses, Filter funnel, Continuum, Cytracom integrations, Survey history are part of our future releases.
- Release notes will be updated when these items are added to the New Service Desk.
- Reach out to support for any questions in relation to this new release.
- Choose the product to be BMS > New Service Desk when creating a new ticket for this feature.
- IT Glue panel is not available on the New Service Desk.
Demo: New Service Desk