KCB Install fails with status "Removed by User" or "Install Failed"
Note: If the OS of the machine is Windows 2003 Server or Windows XP then it is not supported.
Please follow below steps to fix this issue:
We need to run the Acronis Cleanup utility to remove the remains of Acronis Product on the affected machine:
- Download Acronis Cleanup Utility and unpack it.
- Open cmd with elevated privileges. Browse to the folder where you saved the utility.
- Run the utility by issuing the following command: cleanup_tool.exe
- Type "Y" to initiate the cleanup. Once it completes then we manually check if there are any traces left for Acronis folders. If we find any folders with Acronis name, we will delete the folder.
- Manually check the endpoints for any remnants of the Acronis Installation and delete them. Usually remains are found in below locations
- File Paths:
- C:\Program Files\Acronis
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Acronis
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis
- C:\Program Files (x86)Common Files\Acronis
- Registry entries:
- File Paths:
- Go to Start > Run > Regedit, and delete the HKLM\Software\Acronis key. You will need to force ownership of all child objects first, which you can do by right-clicking > going to Permissions > adding "Everyone" to full control > Advanced > Replace all child object permissions with inherited permissions > Apply > OK > then Delete.
- Open services.msc and check if the Acronis services (listed below) are still on the services list:
- Acronis Managed Machine Service
- Acronis Remote Agent Service
- Acronis Scheduler2 Service
- If yes, try to "refresh" the services page and check again. If they are still there, please open the command line using the Administrator's rights and perform the next commands:
- sc delete MMS
- sc delete AcronisAgent
- sc delete AcrSch2Svc
- Please open the below path and delete any file which has "KCB" word in the filename and in the below path the instance ID will have a unique number in the folder name : C:\ProgramData\Kaseya\Data\Endpoint\Instance_ID\KaseyaEndpoint\FileFlare\Downloads
- Disable any Security Products like Kaspersky, Malwarebytes, etc. tentatively till install succeeds.
- Ensure the Kaseya Agent and Kaseya Agent Endpoint services are running on the endpoint.
- Please go to The Cloud Backup Module > Machines tab > Select the machine > Click Uninstall from top and complete it.
- Push the Cloud Backup installation from VSA. If the machine is on the domain then push install with Domain name and forward slash and Domain Administrator Credentials. If the machine is on workgroup then without any credentials you may push install if the set credentials are set and passing.
If the install fails again, please collect the Event Viewer application and system logs and KCB install logs from the below location and share it with us so we can further investigate it: