Working with Admin settings in PSA.
The Admin module available in the global navigation bar helps PSA administrators to define settings and default types to be used in the available PSA modules. This guide will focus on the options available to define the settings for your company in PSA. Navigate to Admin > My Company,
My Company menu specifies settings about your own company.
Admin > My Company > Locations
The Manage Locations page specifies your company locations. These fields are used throughout the system to track information about your various offices. For instance, the address information that appears on your invoices or to see which employees are located at which location, etc.
The Main Branch is the default. If you have other custom locations they can be created here.
- Click New on the Manage Locations page.
- Fill in your details on the Location Data tab.
- You will have an option to make this custom location your main location in this form.
- Main - Yes or No.
- Enter your details in the Address > Shipping Contact tab. Optionally click Copy From Billing to populate these fields from the Billing Contact tab.
The Working Hours section specifies the working hours for your location.
- Use the check box and select the WeekDay to define the days your location is open.
- Enter your hours per day by using the time picker by clicking on the next to Starttime and Endtime.
- If you have multiple locations, set the working hours for each location.
In Admin > My Company > Company Settings, you set global settings and defaults for modules and the entire system.
Admin > My Company > Company Settings > General
The General tab specifies how your company name and logo is displayed in the user interface and in communications with your customers. It also specifies currency and dashboard settings.
- Business Name - The business name displayed in your invoices.
- Header Logo - The logo shown on this page displays throughout the user interface, for both users and clients accessing the client portal.
- Report Logo - The report logo is shown on all reports and forms.
- All logos are re-sized to 20px in height.
- Listing Auto Refresh in - Set how frequently, in minutes, you want your dashboards to refresh their data.
- Currency - Select which currency you want to display in your system.
- Clear the currency listed, Select the currency from the data list.
- Click Save.
- Log out and then log in for the changes to apply.
- Set the timezone basis to server timezone or user timezone for BMS ad-hoc reports
Gateway Log In Page Settings
- Gateway URL of your company
- Log In Dialog Logo
- Log In Page Background
- Display Kaseya Logos on Log In Page Background
- When selected, the Kaseya logo will be displayed on the upper left of the page always and the K1 logo on the upper right of the page.
Data for the Number of assigned Licenses, Used Licenses, and Remaining Licenses count will be shown here.
Admin > My Company > Company Settings > Time Sheet
The Time Sheet tab sets defaults and global settings for your company’s timesheets. A timesheet period is one week.
- TimeSheet Week Day Starts On - Select a day of the week to start each timesheet.
- Allow Future View of Timesheets - The number of weeks into the future employees can view their timesheets. Maximum 2 years.
- Allow Past View of Timesheets - The number of weeks into the past employees can view their timesheets. Maximum 2 years.
- Preload Timesheets - If Yes, tickets and project tasks preload future timesheets. If No, tickets and project tasks do not preload future timesheets. Many projects focused organizations are accustomed to seeing all of their assigned tasks displayed immediately on timesheets at the beginning of the week as well as on future timesheets.
Note: Current employee time entered on tickets and project tasks are automatically added to current timesheets. In effect, timesheets are built as work is entered and completed during the week.
- Limit of items to preload in Timesheets - Limits the number of items preloaded in timesheets.
- Round Time Logs - Rounds time entries in logs to the nearest specified interval, in minutes. Enter 0 to 60.
- Up/Down - Select to round time entries up or down.
Admin > My Company > Company Settings > Project
The Project tab sets defaults for new projects.
- Project Number Prefix - Specifies the default prefix for new projects.
- Project Starting Number - Specifies the default starting number for new projects.
- When you save a project you can type over the project number and override the system generated number.
Whenever a new project is created, the default timesheet approval route and expense sheet approval route are automatically assigned to the new project. A project manager can override these default approval routes or select None. If None is selected, submitted timesheets and expenses are auto-approved.
Approval routes are created in the Admin > Business Process > Approval Routes folder.
- Default Timesheet Approval Route
- Default Expensesheet Approval Route
- Allow tasks on Weekends: Prevents Start Date and End Date to be Weekends when saving the Project if Allow Weekend is set to No
Admin > My Company > Company Settings > Service Desk
The Service Desk tab sets defaults for new tickets. For example, when a customer calls in and the user clicks New Ticket the priority, ticket type, and source will already be populated with the values you specify here.
- Default Ticket Priority: Select the default ticket priority. Priorities are maintained using the Admin > Service Desk > Priorities page.
- Default Timesheet Approval Route: Select approval routes that are created in the Business Process > Approval Routes section in the Admin Module. You can set up approval routes for timesheets and expense sheets in the system. If you are using the Service Desk module and you want all timesheets with entries from tickets to route to a specific person or manager, select default approval routes here.
- Default Expense sheet Approval Route: Select approval routes that are created in the Business Process > Approval Routes section in the Admin Module.
- Default Ticket Source - The default method of communication used by the customer to initiate the creation of a ticket.
- Default SLA - The default service level agreement. Applies to customers that do not have a contract. SLAs are maintained using the Admin > Service Desk > SLA page.
- Sort Status By - Sorts ticket pages by ticket status, either alphabetically or by ticket status order.
- Ticket Number Prefix - Adds a prefix to ticket identifiers. Defaults to blank.
- Ticket Number Format - Specifies the date and count format of the ticket identifier. Defaults to COUNT-MMDDYYYY. Changing the format affects new tickets only.
- Default Ticket Type - Select the default ticket type. Ticket types are maintained using the Admin > Service Desk > Ticket Types page.
- Merge Status - When a ticket is merged, this field will determine which status to be merged to.
- Merge Activity Type - This option allows you to define the type of note to be added (Internal vs External) when a ticket is merged.
- Enable Stopwatch Autostart - If enabled, when working on a ticket, the time starts automatically as soon as the ticket is opened.
- Load Parent Account Contracts - When this is enabled and a ticket is created for a "Child Account" the contract drop-down will show the child & parent contracts associated with that account.
- Load Assignees by Account Service Type - If checked, when assigning a technician for a ticket, this will check all the technicians with the corresponding scope and only those associated can be assigned.
- Suppress Assignee list when Account is blank - When creating a new ticket if the account is not filled, the assignee list will not show the names of the technicians.
Admin > My Company > Company Settings > Invoice
The Invoice tab sets defaults and global settings for your invoices.
- Invoice Number Prefix - Specifies the default prefix for new invoices.
- Invoice Starting Number - Specifies the default starting number for new invoices.
- Issue Invoice on - When an invoice is issued. You can override this default setting in the header of a contract.
- Beginning of Billing Cycle - Invoices are created in advance and will appear in the Billing review folder on the first day of the month or quarter.
- End of Billing Cycle - Invoices are created in advance and will appear in the Billing review folder on the last day of the month or quarter.
- Post T&M Entries
- Only Approved - Only approved timesheet entries and expense entries are posted to billing.
- All - All timesheet entries and expense entries are posted to billing.
- Post Zero Entries - If Yes, zero value hours are posted for a fixed price and recurring services on the Finance > Billing Review > Labor Hours and Recurring Services pages.
- Bill Zero Value Items - If Yes, show zero value items in billing pages. If No, hide them.
- Use Classes - In the QuickBooks Desktop version, you can create classes that you assign to transactions. These classes enable you to track account balances by department, business office or location, separate properties, or by any other meaningful breakdown of your business. Use classes are maintained using the Admin > Finance > Class List page.
- Show VAT Number - If Yes, a VAT identifier displays on printable documents.
- VAT Number Text - Specifies the string portion of the VAT identifier shown on printable documents.
- VAT Number - Specifies the numerical portion of the VAT identifier shown on printable documents.
- Billing End Date - Sets the default number of days or months into the future date shown by the Default End Date search field on the Finance > Billing Review page. This same change also applies to the To Date search field on the Finance > Billing page.
- Invoice Title - Customizes the title at the top of the invoice. The default is 'Invoice'.
Notes to clients - Any notes entered here will display on all invoices generated from the Finance module.
- bility to print three decimals or two decimals in the Invoice print outs. Two Places is the default option.
- Location of Custom Ad Hoc Invoice Templates: Location to save your copied invoice templates.
- Additional notes to show in your Client's invoice.
Admin > My Company > Company Settings > Contract
The Contract tab sets defaults for contracts. Contracts are maintained in the Finance module.
- Contract Number Prefix - Enter a string prefix for the names of new contracts. Optional.
- Contract Starting Number - Enter a starting number for new contracts.
Admin > My Company > Company Settings > CRM
The CRM tab sets defaults for the CRM module
- Quotation Number Prefix - A prefix added to the names of new quotations.
- Quotation Starting Number - The starting number for new quotations.
- Pipeline Factor - The default probability that sales opportunities in the sales pipeline will be converted into sales. Used by the CRM dashboard and the Pipeline Value portion of the Pipeline Report CRM Dashboard.
- Quotations Terms and Conditions - New CRM > Service Quotations and Product Quotations use the value in this field by default.
Admin > My Company > Company Settings > Inventory
The Inventory tab sets defaults for records that affect inventory management. Types of records include:
PO - purchase order
RO - received order
UPC - universal product code
DO - dispatch order
SO - sales order
AD - inventory stock adjustment.
- PO Number Prefix -A prefix added to PO's
- PO Starting Number - Number the PO's sequence begins with
- RO Number Prefix - A prefix added to RO's
- RO Starting Number - Number the RO's sequence begins with
- UPC Prefix - Prefix for the UPC codes
- UPC Length -Length for the UPC code
- Adjustment Number Prefix - Prefix for the Adjustment Number
- Adjustment Starting Number - Series the Adjustment number begins with
- SO Number Prefix -A prefix added to SO's
- SO Starting Number - Number the SO's sequence begins with
Below are the default settings for each field
The User Account tab sets defaults for new employees and clients.
- New Employee Email Template - Select an email template for new employees to use.
- New Client Portal User Email Template - Select an email template for new portal user clients to use.
- Password Reset Email Template -
Admin > My Company > Company Settings > Support User Activating the support user will send the login details to your service technician to provide assistance for any support tickets for your tenant.