This guide will help you get started with your registered PSA company. This is designed for the administrators responsible for setting up and managing the BMS software solution. Depending on the size of your organization, you may want to limit the number of Global Administrators (the highest level of permissions) in your system.
Before creating tickets and projects, assigning to-dos, generating invoices, and running reports, you'll want to add some basic data specific for your company in the Admin Module.
Setting up Your Company
Human Resources - HR
Adding/Managing the Employees
Set up the Contracts/Billing
Create Projects and Assign Tasks
Create and manage Support Tickets
Store and Manage all the Accounts
BMS cloud-based solution runs on our servers, which means that the only requirements to run our application are:
- Any device with a web browser (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari.)
- Internet Connection
PSA server details
Our PSA is hosted on four different servers based on your region and your product subscription.
- US server: https://bms.kaseya.com
- UK server: https://bmsemea.kaseya.com
- APAC server: https://bmsapac.kaseya.com
- Vorex: https://www.vorexlogin.com
https://<yourpsaserver> will be used to reference your PSA server login page in our guides.
Typically a new user receives a welcome email similar to the sample below. Mail is sent to the email address registered by sales when creating your company.
Accessing your PSA
- Use a browser to log into https://<yourpsaserver> for example https://bms.kaseya.com
- Enter your credentials:
- Username: This is usually your official email or a constricted form of your name.
- Password: This is a password of your choice.
- Company Name: This is the tenant name.
- MFA Code: This is the MFA code which you would get from your connected authenticator app. You have to scan the QR code and set up MFA for the first time. This is a one-time process. From the next login, you just have to enter the MFA code from your authenticator app on your mobile. For setting up MFA, see the KB BMS Security | Enabling multifactor authentication.
If you forgot your password, click the Forgot Password link and the following screen appears.
- Enter your email address and Company Name
- When you hit Reset Password it will send you an email with a new password
Text enclosed in angular brackets < and > is not generally supported for security reasons. Try to use parenthesis ( or ) instead as this is a security consideration.
How to Navigate the Software
Global Navigation Bar
When you log in to your company, a horizontal navigation bar runs along the TOP with words such as Service Desk, CRM, Finance, and Projects. This bar is called the global navigation bar and each of these words is the heading of a BMS module.
When you click on a module, such as the Service Desk module, the tab gets highlighted.
Icons on the Global Navigation Bar
Bell Icon: Opens a dropdown to show new notifications in the form of alerts and messages.
Question Mark (Help) Icon: Opens a dropdown to show the following user help resources and information.
- Knowledge Base - takes you to the knowledge base articles home page
- Kaseya University - takes you to Kaseya University login option for more training and information
- Status - View planned maintenance activities and current statuses of different products.
- Suggest a Feature - Submit a feature request here.
- Release Notes - View the latest release notes in the Release Notes section.
- What's New - Read about the new features and topics of discussion here.
- Version number and release date - View this information next to the What's New button.
Profile Name: Opens a dropdown to show name of the user followed by username, My Settings, and Logout. See image under My Settings section.
Local Navigation Bar
On the left side of the screen, a vertical navigation bar shows a list of options you can select.
This is called the local navigation bar. Selecting one of these options takes you further into the module.
Continuing in the Service Desk module, you can view a ticket screen by clicking the word Tickets located in the local navigation bar.
Click on your name on the right of the top navigation bar
The My Settings section enables you to personalize your BMS user experience.
- Set your BMS photo. Images should be width equal to the height. System auto-scales after the upload.
- Stores your personal information and contact information.
- Changes your password.
- Under preferences, Sets your default landing page when you log in.
- Option to enable MFA
- Company and Gateway details.
- User-level integrations like ITGlue, Liveconnect.
Edit Access by URL
BMS supports edit access by URL for the following types of records:
- Tickets by Ticket ID
- Example: https://BMS.kaseya.com/MSP/TicketEdit.aspx?ID=15551
- Projects by Project ID
- Example: https://BMS.kaseya.com/Projects/ProjectEdit.aspx?ID=2560
- Tasks by Task ID
- Example: https://BMS.kaseya.com/Projects/TasksEdit.aspx?ID=22182
ID is the database identified for a certain record. To identify the ID of a ticket, project, or task, create an Ad Hoc report that includes the Ticket ID, or Project ID, or Task ID columns, along with additional columns to help identify the corresponding ID.
Note: Help for Adhoc reports can be found here