As of QuoteWerks Desktop Version 5.5 Build 5.13, QuoteWerks offers a native integration with BMS. This version is the minimum supported version.
The QuoteWerks integration enables you to:
- Build QuoteWerks quotes using BMS contacts.
- Automatically create a corresponding BMS opportunity.
- Push the QuoteWerks quote into BMS and relate it to the opportunity.
- Automatically update the BMS opportunity and quote when the QuoteWerks quote converts.
- Pushes items from other product data sources into BMS, including recurring services.
- Allows you to quote BMS products and services.
- Schedule follow-up activities in Kaseya BMS for your quotes
- Attaches PDFs to the BMS opportunity so users without QuoteWerks can view quotes.
- In BMS, Navigate to Home > Downloads.
- Click download button for QuoteWerks Connector (New!).
- You will be redirected to https://www.quotewerks.com/updates/UpdateAgent.asp.
For an overview, see QuoteWerks Integrates with Kaseya BMS, on the QuoteWerks website. For user help, take advantage of QuoteWerks user guides as well as the embedded videos below.
- Ensure that all mappings are complete under Contacts > Contact Manager Setup > Kaseya BMS setup.
- Ensure that your business process matches your selections so the interaction matches your expectations.
- Ensure that any services you define in QuoteWerks have an Item Type that is mapped in Products > Mappings > Product Types. Then set your default Item Type to 'Product'.
- The integration requires you to create a corresponding BMS opportunity.
- BMS opportunities and quotes are orphaned if the QuoteWerks quote is deleted.
- Edits to opportunities and quotes in BMS may be overwritten by QuoteWerks.
- The .dtf file that is attached to opportunities is a link that can open the quote in QuoteWerks Desktop.
Migrating from QuoteWerks Connector
- Uninstall the QuoteWerks Connector plugin built by Kaseya.
- Remove the published menu item.
- The BMS Services menu item is available when you click on products from the QuoteWerks toolbar.
- Remove the private API key of the old BMS integration from within QuoteWerks:
To uninstall the plug-in:
- Quit the application.
- Open Control Panel.
- Uninstall the plugin using the Add/Remove programs wizard.
To remove the menu item:
- Select the Tools > Customize Menu > Products Menu.
- Select Publish Menu Items.
- Choose BMS Services.
- Click Remove.
- Click OK.
Remove the BMS API Access Key:
- In QuoteWerks, Select Tools > Options > Security > API Access.
- Highlight and Delete the access key used by the previous Kaseya integration.