How to Assign tokens when the phone is replaced or lost?
Below is the procedure to assign new tokens if the user has replaced or lost their phone.
We have 2 procedures that can be followed to replace/reassign user tokens.
1. Admin Procedure (If Recovery Phone is not updated)
- Select the user account and revoke the tokens and switch account status to "Provisioned" and "Send email to user to activate their account".
- The user will receive an Onboarding email with instructions on how to set up a new device for 2-factor authentication.
Note: As long as the user has no tokens and the Account Status says "Provisioned" the user can sign in directly into the tenant with their Username/Password, the system will redirect them to onboard bypassing the need for an onboarding email.
2. User Procedure (Without the help of an Admin)
- Users can reset their own tokens if they have a mobile number added to their Profile.
- At the login screen, the user can choose "Reset Password or Token" to begin the token reset process.
Note: The mobile phone number must be added manually by the user when they access their tenant after onboarding. Once the mobile number is verified the user can reset their own tokens without the help of Admin.