Question: How do I create a clean Windows workstation as a benchmark for testing?
- Do a clean installation of Windows 7 or 10 on a workstation (ideally on a VM)
- Create a Local Administrator user on the machine (do not create a Domain or Microsoft account)
- Do not connect the machine to a domain
- Do not configure any Proxy Server or Firewall (expect for the default Windows Firewall)
- Do not install any Anti-Virus or other 3rd Party Software
- Allow the machine to access the Internet
- Install ALL critical/important Windows Updates.
- If you have configured this on a VM, please take a snapshot of the current state once you have completed steps 1-7
Note: In certain situations Kaseya Support may recommend that you install a clean version of Windows. This can help with troubleshooting issues as it helps to establish if the function works when all environmental variables are removed. It can also be helpful to set this up on a Virtual Machine with a snapshot of the initial installation, as this can then be restored quickly once the testing has been completed.