Enable two-factor authentication with Wordpress using AuthAnvil Authenticator Two-step verification
You can setup two-factor authentication for your Wordpress Account by using AuthAnvil Authtenticator two-step verification. Download the AuthAnvil Authenticator mobile app, install it and grant the application access to the camera so it can scan barcodes / QRCodes to add new applications such as Wordpress, to the application.
Upon first activation of the AuthAnvil Authenticator, it will ask for authorization to access the camera. This is so it can use the camera to scan barcodes and QR codes from other applications that you wish to pair it with.
- Login to your Wordpress account, and select your profile picture to access your profile settings.
Select Securityon the left hand side of the screen.
- Select then Two-Step Authentication, then the Get Startedbutton.
- Enter your phone number, then select Verify via Appto gain access to a QR Code.
- Open the AuthAnvil Authenticator, select the +sign in the top right hand corner and scan the QR code to pair the site with the app.
Test the new application in the window provided.
Try out the new application once its added by entering in the onetime passcode below the QR Code and select Enable.
- Once two-factor authorization is enabled, you will be shown a list of backup codes for you to use in case you lose access to your phone. You must select the I printed outcheck box before you can finish the configuration.