You can setup two-factor authentication for Evernote by using AuthAnvil Authtenticator two-step verification. Download the AuthAnvil Authenticator mobile app, install it and grant the application access to the camera so it can scan barcodes / QRCodes to add new applications such as Evernote, to the application.
Upon first activation of the AuthAnvil Authenticator, it will ask for authorization to access the camera. This is so it can use the camera to scan barcodes and Qrcodes from other applications that you wish to pair it with.
The steps for pairing AuthAnvil Authenticator with Evernote are shown below
- Login to your Evernote account.
Select your account icon in the bottom left corner of the screen and choose settings
- Choose the Security Summarylink on the left of the screen, and select the Enablelink beside Two-step verification.
- Follow the prompts on the next screens to enable two-step verification.
- Select the Send Verification Email as you will need the code sent.
- Enter in the Code received via email
- For extra security purposes Evernote requires you to have a backup plan, therefore when prompted to do so, enter in a phone number to be used in case of an issue with access to your primary token.
Once a phone number is entered, Evernote will send a verification code via text message to your phone, to ensure that it is a valid number and that you can receive texts, click continue once the code is entered.
Select the type of Phone you will be using to gain access to the QR Code to scan.
- Now, open your AuthAnvil Authenticator mobile application, click the+in the top right corner, and hold your mobile phone up to your computer screen and scan the barcode displayed on your computer.
- Try out the new application once its added by entering in the onetime passcode below the QR Code.
- For extra security purposes, Evernote requires you to have a backup plan, therefore once you have added and verified the Evernote token has been added to the Authenticator, you will be shown some backup onetime passcodes you can use in place of the AuthAnvil Authenticator. These should be written down somewhere as they will not be shown, or appear anywhere else. You will also be required to enter in one of the backup numbers just to verify that you did take a copy of them.
- Once you finish with enabling the two step verification, you are done.
From this point forward, when you log into Evernote you will be prompted for your one-time passcode from AuthAnvil Authenticator to log in.