Enable two-factor authentication with LogMeIn using AuthAnvil Authenticator Two-step verification
You can setup two-factor authentication for your LogMeInAccount by using AuthAnvil Authtenticator two-step verification. Download the AuthAnvil Authenticator mobile app, install it and grant the application access to the camera so it can scan barcodes / QRCodes to add new applications such as LogMeIn, to the application.
Upon first activation of the AuthAnvil Authenticator, it will ask for authorization to access the camera. This is so it can use the camera to scan barcodes and QR codes from other applications that you wish to pair it with.
- Login to your LogMeIn account.
Click Security> Account Settings> Under Security, look for Two-step verification and click get started.
- Select Get Started, and on the next screen, choose Use a mobile appas the Primary way to verify your identity. Since you have the AuthAnvil Authenticator, on the next screen you can simply choose the Nextbutton at the bottom of the screen.
- Open the AuthAnvil Authenticator and Scan the QR code that appears to pair the app with your account.
- Open the AuthAnvil Authenticator and access a code for the LogMeIn app, enter that code into the next screen to confirm the app pairing.
- Choose a backup option for obtain security codes. This can be done via test messaging or via email.
- Once the backup has been configured, select the Activatebutton.