Note: This integration does not support the use of Push. You will need to use OTP.
Installing RWWGuard 2011
- Download the latest RWWGuard 2011 installer from the AuthAnvilDownload Site.
- Double-click on the exe file to begin the installation.
- The setup program will prompt you for your AuthAnvil Two Factor Auth server settings, and will then install all the new appropriate files, create the RWWGuardOverride security group, and tweak the RWA configuration to use RWWGuards logon page instead of the standard RWA logon page.
- After installation, you can launch the RWWGuard Configuration Wizard if youre running SBS 2011.
Configuring RWWGuard 2011
On installation RWWGuard 2011 is initially disabled. RWWGuard 2011 must be configured to communicate to an AuthAnvil Two Factor Auth strong authentication server before it can start offering two-factor authentication to remote users.
Configuring RWWGuard on SBS 2011
RWWGuard 2011 on SBS 2011 is configured by using the RWWGuard configuration utility, located at Start > All Programs > Scorpion Software > RWWGuard > Configure RWWGuard
Note:Your SAS URL will be your tenant URL/AuthAnvil/SAS.asmx Example: https://acme.my.authanvil.com/AuthAnvil/SAS.asmx
Enabling RWWGuard Support
When you ready to enable strong authentication for users in Remote Web Workplace, simply select theEnable AuthAnvil passcode field in RWW logon pagecheckbox.
Selecting the Authentication Policy
With RWWGuard 2011, you can control who is required to prove their identity with an AuthAnvil Two Factor Auth credential or not. Using the AuthAnvil Authentication Policy, you can either configure the policy to be:
- Required only for users in the exception list; or
- Required for all users except those in the exception list
Combined with theAD Security Group Exception List, which is a defined Active Directory Security Group, users can be added or removed to adjust the required policy within Remote Web Workplace.
Configuring AuthAnvil Two Factor Auth settings
RWWGuard can communicate via web services directly with an AuthAnvil Two Factor Auth strong authentication server to validate an OTP Passcode. In the AuthAnvil Two Factor Auth SAS URL you need to configure the URL where the AuthAnvil Two Factor AuthTokenValidatorservice lies, and the Site ID that your company is configured to.
Configuring RWWGuard on SBSE 2011/WHS 2011
RWWGuard 2011 on SBSE 2011 and WHS 2011 is configured by using the RWA Logon Security module in the SBSE/WHS Dashboard. Simply open the dashboard and click on RWA Logon Security.
Enabling RWWGuard and configuring the authentication server
When you ready to enable strong authentication for users in Remote Web Workplace, simply click Configure Authentication server settings and select theEnable AuthAnvil Two Factor Auth passcode field in RWA logon pagecheckbox.
Note:The SBS Server where RWWGuard resides MUST trust the remote digital certificate if connecting to an external AuthAnvil Two Factor Auth server. The easiest way to test this is to click the Verify button in the configuration window.
Toggling the Two-Factor Authentication Requirement for users
To toggle the requirement for a particular user to use AuthAnvil Two Factor Authentication for RWA, simply click on the user and click Enable or Disable two-factor authentication as appropriate.
Using RWWGuard 2011
When RWWGuard 2011 is installed, it looks and acts EXACTLY like the traditional Remote Web Workplace logon page, with the one caveat: RWWGuard 2011 does not currently support the Change Password functionality if an Active Directory password expires.
When RWWGuard 2011 is enabled, a new OTP Passcode field is added to the logon form.
If a user is required to provide an OTP Passcode, the Active Directory credentials are first verified, and on success, the username is sent along with the OTP Passcode to the configured AuthAnvil Two Factor Auth SAS, and finally logon to Remote Web Workplace occurs.
Reviewing Audit Logs
RWWGuard provides detailed audit logs for all users who use Remote Web Workplace. Included in this are the following fields:
- Active Directory Username
- Logon Time
- IP Address
Reviewing Authentication Logs on SBS 2011
You can view these logs directly in the RWWGuard log in Event Viewer under the Applications and Services Logs.
Reviewing Authentication Logs on SBSE 2011 and WHS 2011
You can either:
- Review the logs by opening the SBSE/WHS Console, clicking on the RWA Logon Security icon and clicking the Logs tab.
- You can view these logs directly in the RWWGuard log in Event Viewer under the Applications and Services Logs.
Congratulations! There is always so much to see in a new product, and you have just successfully completed an installation and review of the key features of Scorpion Softwares RWWGuard 2011 product.
While this Installation Guide can only cover the highlights of RWWGuard 2011 in action, we have been able to see several key points:
- RWWGuard 2011 is easy to set up and install.As a built in web application on SBS2011, SBSE 2011, and WHS 2011, it blends easily with your existing management process.
- RWWGuard 2011 protects your small businessand enhances its remote access security with the addition of two-factor authentication directly into Remote Web Workplace.
- RWWGuard 2011 not only highlights logon failures,it allows the administrator to go from high-level detection to detailed analysis of current password policies.