This guide details the redundancy configuration for AuthAnvil Password Server v2.5
Note: If you are using Password Server v2.6 or newer please see this article.
Note: If you are using Password Server v1.5 please follow this guide to upgrade.
Note: If you are using Password Server v1.7 or newer please follow this guide to upgrade.
SRV1 will be the primary server installation (a new or existing installation will work) and SRV2 represents any additional web servers to be configured for redundancy.
Note: When converting an existing AuthAnvil Password Server deployment to handle redundancy, always take a backup of your existing database first. Instructions for backing up an AuthAnvil Password Server Database can be found in the Backing up the AuthAnvil Password Server Database section of the AuthAnvil Password Server Installation Guide.
- Install AuthAnvil Password Server on SRV1 using the instructions in the Installation Guide.
- Install AuthAnvil Password Server on SRV2 using a different SQL instance than SRV1. You can either allow the installer to create a SQL Server instance for you, or you can install to an existing SQL server. This dummy SQL instance / database can be uninstalled after the procedure is complete.
- Copy the web.config file from C:Program FilesScorpion SoftwareAuthAnvil Password ServerAAPS on SRV1 to the same directory on SRV2.
Note: The web.config file includes sensitive information about the SQL connection as well as certificates and encryption keys. Make sure to transfer this file securely.
- Run an IISReset on both SRV1 and SRV2 to reload the configurations
- Test a login to the AuthAnvil Password Server on both servers using the same token and username. If they both succeed, youre finished!
At this point, you can configure AuthAnvil Password Server Sync Agents to use either servers web service URLs. In an environment with a load balancer this will be taken care of automatically. With the proper encryption keys on all front end servers, AuthAnvil Password Server should be able to authenticate to the database(s) on the backend from any point.
If you have any questions or need some help, we would be happy to assist. Open a case at kaseya.zendesk.com .