Note: This guide applies to AuthAnvil Two Factor Auth v4.6 and earlier. If you are using AuthAnvil Two Factor Auth v5.0 please contact Support for further instructions.
Migrating is a fairly simple process. You just need to complete the following steps:
- Back up your AuthAnvil database using the aabackup tool as a safety precaution. See "Backing up the AuthAnvil database" in the AuthAnvil Installation Guide.
- Move the AuthAnvil database from the old SQL server to the new SQL server using the standard SQL server tools.
- Add the aabduser domain user account as a login to the new SQL server, assigning it sysadmin privileges.
- Map that user to the Anvil database, assigning it the db_owner role for the database.
- Use the instructions in Appendix C of the AuthAnvil Installation Guide to change the connection string to point to the servername\instancename for the new SQL server.
If you have any questions or need some help, we would be happy to assist. Open a case at kaseya.zendesk.com .