AuthAnvil Single Sign On 3.5 supports Zendesk natively so it doesnt require a lot of configuration to get up and running.
Here are the steps to configure the Zendesk application:
- Log in to the AuthAnvil Manager and click on the Single Sign On tab.
- Expand the Applications section and select the Zendesk application.
- Check the box to Enable the Zendesk application.
- Under Protocol Configuration set the Reply To URL and Audience URI to match your Zendesk account URL: https://example.zendesk.com/access/saml
- Expand the Certificate Authority section and copy the certificate thumbprint to your clipboard. We will need this for a later step.
- Log into your Zendesk account.
- Under Settings click on Security.
- Enable Single Sign On by checking the Enabled box.
- Modify the following settings to reflect your environment:
- Mode: SAML
- SAML SSO URL: https://yourSSOserver.com/sso/federation/passive/Saml2SpInit
- Remote logout URL: https://<your SSO server>/sso
(This is commonly set to the root AuthAnvil SSO Site, or if you would like to sign out of your session you can set it to the logout URL: https://yourSSOserver.com/sso/federation/passive/signout)
- IP ranges (optional): [You may define specific IP ranges to require remote authentication]
- Certificate Fingerprint: (the thumbprint copied from Step 5 of the SSO Application configuration
- Save the configuration
Once you have completed the configuration log out of Zendesk and navigate to your SSO portal. You should see the Zendesk application if you are in a role that has Zendesk enabled.
Click the Zendesk application and you should now be logged into your Zendesk account!
(Note: Make sure your account in AuthAnvil Two Factor Auth (the one you use to log in to SSO) has an email address matching your Zendesk login)
If you have any questions or need some help, we would be happy to assist. Open a case at kaseya.zendesk.com .