When installing SQL Express 2005 using the AuthAnvil installer, SQL installation fails, causing the installer to roll back. The installer log, located in "C:\Program Files\Scorpion Software\AuthAnvilSetup\AuthAnvilSetupLog.log" includes the line:
Failed to install SQL Express. Error: running EXE failed with exit code: 29508
This is a issue with the Microsoft SQL installer, caused by an invalid setting in the SBS 2008 Registry.
Following the instructions in this post of The Official SBS Blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/sbs/archive/2009/06/11/error-while-installing-sql-2005-express-on-sbs-2008.aspx
- Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, and then click Run.
- Type regedit, and then click OK.
- At the User Account Control prompt, click OK.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Machines.
- Double-click OriginalMachineName, and then change the OriginalMachineName value name to the current server name. (An easy method to find the current server name is to use the hostname command from a command prompt.)
- Click OK.
AuthAnvil 3.5 or later on SBS 2008 or later.
If you have any questions or need some help, we would be happy to assist. Open a case at kaseya.zendesk.com .